FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2008, 1:29 pm
shuuy

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Originally Posted by emcampbe
the yul staff are simply wrong on this one! You can still use the nexus line just go to the kiosk but when you get the question about answering yes to any of the checkbox questions, answer yes. The receipt that prints out will have a code on it for the officers at exit to send you to secondary where they will deal with the wine and u can pay duty. I've done this before with dried fruit (didn't want to take any chances). My mom who is a shopper has also declared over her exemption several times this way and there has never been a problem. Of course YMMV, they always like to do things differently in la belle Provence.
And the other piece of advice is that if you're only over the limit by $100-$200 - go to an agent.

Because the machine is absolute, if you're over your exemption, you're going to the cashier.

If you're only slightly over your exemption, the customs agent has discretion to waive your overage and send you on your way (2/2 for me when I've been ~$200 over the 48 hour limit)