FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2008, 10:22 pm
todd-r

Originally Posted by phedre
Next week will be my first time going through "regular" customs voluntarily - I'm bringing back a case of wine on my next trip which means I can't use the NEXUS line - at least that's what the Montreal staff told me when I called. Silly really, seeing as they have provisions there for you to declare overages.
from: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...c4215-eng.html

Entering Canada
All persons entering Canada by air must complete Form E311, CBSA Declaration Card.
Proceed to the self-serve kiosk located in the Canadian inspection services area.
Stand in front of the camera to have your irises captured. Follow the prompts on the screen and complete the entry process. You will then receive a self-serve kiosk receipt.
The self-serve kiosk will direct you to the cashier for collection of duties and taxes owing, if applicable.
Proceed to the baggage claim and then to the exit. Present your self-serve kiosk receipt and the completed CBSA Declaration Card to the border services officer.
Unless you are directed to an inspection area or the cashier, you may proceed into Canada.
Declaring goods
If you are a Canadian resident returning with goods that you want to import for your own personal use, you may choose to report them by completing a CBSA Traveller Declaration Card (TDC) in advance and depositing it in the designated box located at the kiosk. Duties and taxes owed on goods that exceed your personal exemptions are automatically charged to your credit card number on file. If you do not choose the TDC option, the self-serve kiosk will refer you to the cashier to pay duties and taxes on the excess amount.
If you are a United States resident with goods to declare, you may use the NEXUS self-serve kiosk for goods that are part of your personal entitlement. If you have goods that exceed your personal entitlement, you will receive a receipt that will refer you to a cashier for payment.