FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - La Quinta Resort & Club, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}
Old Aug 9, 2008, 2:46 pm
ldsant
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Just returned from site visit. . .

at LaQuinta for an event this fall. The standard operating procedure at this property seems to be to say no to everything. We are having 800+ people and walking through the property where it was 116 degrees we were never offered any beverage during the visit - it was brought only after 3 hours of being in the sun we asked for it (small bottles of water - 1 per person was brought out). Couldn't get a $20 bill cashed/broken and it took 5 calls to the operator to have them turn off the blinking red message light that kept me up during the night. It was pretty astonishing since this is supposedly such a high-level Hilton property.

The customer service level at this hotel is not up to par with most Starwood properties imo; I am hoping that it was just due to the heat or something. I was really looking forward to having our event at this property; now after the site visit I am astonished at the lack of customer service shown.