FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Westin Aruba (Leaving Starwood February 27, 2014) [Master Thread]
Old Aug 9, 2008, 12:42 am
thaliajen

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Thanks to both posters- I love the photo of the hotel, it looks nice from far away! I actually contacted the hotel to see what the upgrade situation was like, if they might have availability or not, and received an odd, somewhat rude reply. I wasn't asking for a free suite, just wondering about availability, possibility.

After seeing the photos of the suite's bathroom and how small it looks (especially the tub) I'm not very hopeful for the regular room. But then I wasn't exactly thrilled about this trip in the 1st place. Maybe the hotel will upgrade me and maybe not, I just hope everything else works!

I'll post an updated review when I get back. After my recent experiences at the Westin Cancun and Westin Grand Lucaya, I am a bit worried. Then again, I loved the Westin in Cabo and the one in Puerto Vallarta. I wish they could all be like Miami's Westin Diplomat- now THAT is a great hotel!