Old Aug 7, 08, 5:16 pm
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Review of two separate stays within one week

Stayed one night each this past week

Both stays had Rooms on the RC floor (10th)

Rooms > Both were King Beds with a large room and a couch & chair and coffee table. Rooms are very outdated, definite 80's touch to the rooms.

Internet > T-Mobile not used at this property but that was fine with me as I used my national verizon card. Don't know the cost

RC > overall small but quaint and nice. Nice staff, one computer, one hot dish at night, honor bar, veggie plate, plenty of pepsi products and water, cookies. in the a.m. the coffee service starts at 6:00 a.m. which I enjoy and b/f started at 6:30 a.m. but I didn't take advantage of anything but the early coffee

Parking > I arrived at 6 p.m. both nights and had my choice of spots for free on the street right out front.

check in > night 1, used the FDC and it was efficient and they gave me my 1W and said that they would put in the G1 bonus but today my stay posted and of course no G1 bonus. night 2 I tried the auto check in machine and when i hit the wrong choice for a diamond amenity there was no back button so I let it time out and went to the FDC which went fine. No wait either time at check in.

Pool > small but nice.. water was surprisingly cool considering its close to a hundred during the day here. Towels are in a closet type thingy and if you don't know it, well you may not find them

gym > did not use, but looked in from the street and for a hotel gym it looked nice with its fair share of free weights

Area > walked the dozen plus blocks to Old Sacto which was ok. not much else in the area; near the capitol but its definitely dead at night.

Did not use the restaurant or bar.