FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - my miles now are worth even more
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2008, 10:41 am
weero

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
my miles now are worth even more

While we rightfully complain about the constant devaluation of our miles when it comes to forge them into flight awards, their monetary value reliably increases in value.

And that tendency even resists the Euro growing stronger and stronger - an evolution that floods me with pride.

The first exposure to the real value of our miles happened when the 'Pact des Loups' circumcised the SEN overdraft and made us lowly SENiles liable to pay 2 Euro cents per lousy mile.

Till then, I erroneously always though of miles to be worth sumthin like <<1 US cent. But M&M being wolfed by its new CEO taught me new insights.

And now LX further increases the value of our stash of miles to a splendid 2.5 Euro Cents per miles.

And that literally buys us a seat in LX' vintage Busines Class or on National Glory. As this is - the convoluted and somewhat camp working aside - for standby upgrades at the gate, resulting in an one-way standby upgrade cost for say 50K*0.025EUR = 1250 EUR. Which only is about 3 to 6 fold of what the competition demands on a TATL.

Yes, yes, yes .. I too deplore that Wolfi tries to rip us off. But look at the bright side: it keeps increasing the delusional value of our miles ^!