FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hang on to your wallets - $50 co-pay increase for mileage upgrades, effective Oct 1st
Old Aug 6, 2008, 8:32 am
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by brp
Definitely not "A-therefore-B," but an "A-implies-B" IMO. I really think that the lack of knowledge of the AAdvantage minutiae (and these are minutiae to "real" people ) strongly implies lack of registration and benefit. Lack of knowledge among "AA's best customers" embodies that implication to me.

Cheers.
I'm gonna disagree with you there, Lou. I don't think there's any reason to believe that EXPs are more likely to know the minutiae of the AAdvantage program. The 20-year EXP probably knows a lot more than most about how to navigate different airports and about AA's service, but I don't know why that necessarily would translate into greater knowledge of the stuff that we obsess about. In fact the image I have in my mind is of a person who flies so f***ing much that the last thing she concerns herself with is the minutiae that we care about. Of course this is all speculation on both of our parts, but I'm sticking with my image of this woman!