FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - La Quinta Resort & Club, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-CA}
Old Aug 1, 2008, 8:12 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If you booked a Starlight Casita room, that is really what you are entitled to; the hotel maintains the right to state whether there is availability for upgraded facilities for an awards stay or not (and suites are excluded.) You may request 1,000 bonus points, or the discount at selected resort facilities, as I read them. Sorry it did not work for you this time, but it seems they exceeded the T&Cs for Diamonds for you previously - much as have some properties for me, for which I am very appreciative.

Definitely chat up the GM and see if you have any possibilities with him as a previous guest.

As quoted above, with my highlighting:

[QUOTE=T&C]At the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, La Quinta Resort & Club and Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa, Diamond members will receive two bottles of water per stay, welcome amenity on night of arrival AND may choose TWO of the following benefits:

** One category room upgrade excludes suites ..... If room upgrade is not available, member may choose one of the remaining options.

** 1,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points.

** Discount at select resort facilities (may include spa, golf, restaurant, etc.)
At Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa, Diamond VIP members will receive a $25 Dining Credit (food only) or 20% off Spa Treatment.