FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2008, 4:23 am
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by phedre
Next week will be my first time going through "regular" customs voluntarily - I'm bringing back a case of wine on my next trip which means I can't use the NEXUS line - at least that's what the Montreal staff told me when I called. Silly really, seeing as they have provisions there for you to declare overages.

This is gonna be painful. The customs line at YUL ALWAYS sucks on Thursday evenings.
the yul staff are simply wrong on this one! You can still use the nexus line just go to the kiosk but when you get the question about answering yes to any of the checkbox questions, answer yes. The receipt that prints out will have a code on it for the officers at exit to send you to secondary where they will deal with the wine and u can pay duty. I've done this before with dried fruit (didn't want to take any chances). My mom who is a shopper has also declared over her exemption several times this way and there has never been a problem. Of course YMMV, they always like to do things differently in la belle Provence.