FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's your strategy to beat jet lag? (archived)
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:27 pm
mikew99

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by BLG
But since the introduction of the lie-flat, my life has changed!
I'd say that my life has changed since the introduction of Ambien!

Flat bed or not, daytime or not, C, F, or Y, I can finally sleep on a plane. (Ambien = sleep, !Ambien = !sleep, simple as that for me!)

Originally Posted by SD-Flyer
For me this makes the flight time pass quickly and I feel remarkably good when I get to the other side
This (ensuring that I have the most enjoyable flight possible) is what works for me. I've tried all the other tricks that work for others (usually relating to sleeping/going without sleep, drinking/not drinking alcohol, etc.), but none of them works for me.

So I've given up on that, and my goal now is to have the most enjoyable flight possible. I sleep (w/Ambien) when I want to sleep, I eat when I am hungry (which is most of the time!), I carry music and TV shows on my Treo for when I want to listen to something or watch to something. In short, I do what I want to do when I want to do it.

None of this reduces jet lag for me whatsoever. But I've found that when I have an enjoyable, stress-free flight, I am better equipped to handle it after I land.