FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boring question about BKK lounge access
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2008, 9:44 am
kt74

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by SK AAR
There is plenty of info on these topics in the TG forum. Here is a link to my recent expirience in a very similar situation:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=841080

Hand over your LX BP and give it a try.
You were very lucky. I have found the lounge agents to be very strict in BKK, and unlikely to bend the rules. e.g. I arrived last month on OS in C class with a *G card, and an onward boarding pass on an MH flight (with a TG codeshare), and was refused (politely, and correctly, according to *A rules) access to 3 different TG lounges (well, you may as well try )

In fact, one agent went so far as to check what the ticket number was, to ensure that I hadn't booked on a TG codeshare, but was in fact on an MH ticket - i.e. they would have let me if I had booked on TG paper

Back to the OP, if you don't want to a massage, but do want somewhere peaceful to hang out, my two suggestions are (a) landside, where there are a number of cheap eateries and sitting areas on the mezzanine (between arrivals and departure levels) and top floors of the main terminal, or (b) there are some quiet airside sitting areas on the same level as the lounges (much less frenetic than the main shopping mall/departures level - I happily curled up there for 2 hours with a good book)