FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Kathmandu REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 20, 2008, 4:48 pm
holtju2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Just stayed there for two nights this past weekend. I have bit of a mixed feelings.

- On Saturday the power went on/off at least 10 times. I was surprised that the hotel doesn't have a generator up and running
- The evening presentation was nice at the club, although there was very little to present. Never went there in the morning. Once when I asked for a glass of red wine I received white, another time my red wine request was met with a glass of whiskey. After while the music that they play at the club became annoying and I just put on my headphones.
- The "highspeed" internet is very slow. Oftentimes my web pages timed out while trying to load them. The internet connection at the entire hotel went down at least once too. At the check out they tried to charge a different rate for the internet than what was listed on the in room hotel book. It was comped at the end, however.
- The air conditioning wasn't working properly in my room - couldn't get the room temperature below 24 or so
- The shower water temperature was changing constantly from hot/cold and I just had to try keep changing them
- When I was asking to see some local sights I was walked to a tour desk. No thanks.
- Diamonds typically get a one class upgrade

Overall the hotel appeared to be very quiet.