FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Moana Surfrider, Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Jul 16, 2008, 1:48 pm
sapguy

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by dewolfxy
I spoke to the SPG line and they put a note in the file. No upgrades available with points though. I also checked and there are Starpicks available during the dates so I believe the hotel is available. I got the email from the SPG rep (it was the email for the reservations staff at the hotel, and not the GM) and sent them an email (just asking them to note it's an important trip, and saying I would appreciate whatever they could do to upgrade them if it is available). Should I push more to speak directly or email directly to the GM, or do you think this is sufficient?

Thanks for any advice, I appreciate it!
I think that you did all that you can, and needed, to do.
IMO, pressing much harder may make you come across to the hotel as a pushy person
If they have an upgrade available, they will upgrade your inlaws -if you read this thread, I and many others have said that while there are no guarantees, be prepared to be pleasantly surprised, and it seems like the majority of people reported back on this thread that they were indeed pleasantly surprised.