FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Moana Surfrider, Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Jul 16, 2008, 1:00 pm
dewolfxy

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
If I were on my honeymoon, I'd fork over the $50 extra a night to ensure an oceanview room. Even for a week, that's only $350. Hawaii isn't an el cheapo destionation so if I were to go to begin with I'd make sure I could afford $350, even if that means no beers with the guys for me for a month.

But that's just me. I'd do everything to ensure my significant other a memory of a lifetime for a special occasion. I wouldn't ask for a freebie and jeopardize such an important occasion.
I've managed to get 1st class tickets and lots of other upgrades for them. And whether they get an upgraded room or not, the Moana Surfrider is an expensive hotel by any means. So I don't really appreciate the implication that I'm asking "for a freebie and jeopardizing an important occasion". Since I paid for the stay with points, there wasn't any upgrade available for $50 for for any price (and I asked).

Thanks to everyone for all the advice, I'll call the SPG line and get a note added to the reservation, and ask what I can do about upgrades with points or cash. I'll post back with what they say.