FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Our records show that you experienced an inconvenience while traveling on Continental
Old Jul 15, 2008, 10:34 am
vsevolod4

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
I've received these emails on a number of occasions, and I recall printed letters with similar content in the days of yore.

As a long-time Platinum, I've never received OP miles in conjunction with these emails or letters, so I'm surprised that this is an occasional benefit. Now, I am aware of compensation kits handed out at airports and from customer service, but have never seen an automatic compensation. I'm surprised if indeed they "discriminate" in favor of lower status members at the expense of higher status members. I'd suspect something else is going on here; maybe these were both on the same PNR with the Silver wife as the primary record, etc.?

Interestingly, CO's future partner UA discriminates the other way; their Skykits (and on-line equivalents) generally result in higher compensation for higher-status elites, and proportionally less for lower status levels and non-status members ...