FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any chance for congratulatory upgrade for newlyweds? ORD-NRT J-F?
Old Jul 12, 2008, 3:57 pm
AAbuzzard

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Originally Posted by azmojo
So the answer you all have been waiting for... we were NOT upgraded.

At check-in in Phoenix, there just wasn't a good way to bring up the honeymoon thing without just sounding like a DB so I didn't. The plane was quite full anyway, and I don't think there were a pair of F seats next to each other anyway. However, there was a lady lady that arrived at the J boarding line right behind us, and the GA asked and gave her an op-up. I don't know any of the circumstances behind this, but either the GA already knew her somehow, or it was kind of random.

As far as the flight over (and back), it was the best J service I've ever recieved! A stark difference from when I flew tons a few years ago. The biggest difference was that after dinner service they still walked the aisles every one and a while to provide more drinks, snacks, etc. It used to be that once dinner service was over you never seen them again until 2nd meal.

For the return, we checked in at NRT but again there just wasn't a natural way to bring up the fact that we were on honeymoon.
Well, for those of us who followed this thread--with more or less attention--it was nice to see what it all came to. Thanks for the update. And congrats to getting married, etc.

My humble advice: Collect your miles by flying AA so that for your 10th anniversary, or whenever, you can go for an F award--while at the same time having done your part "saving" the airline by buying revenue tickets.