FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NW news (cuts, bag fee, etc.)
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2008, 2:08 pm
Global_Hi_Flyer

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
My guess is DL will incorporate these fees post-merger if they do not move on this before then (which I think is more likely since the other legacy carriers are moving in the same direction).

US announced today that they are pulling all IFE on domestic flights. Hope DL does not follow suit...I love my seatback TV (when it works).

Personally, I don't like the nickel and diming but understand that's it's a necessity and would rather pay for checked luggage (since I rarely check any) and inflight food than have higher fares (which kills my travel budget).

I wonder when airlines are going to start charging a fee for "infant in arms" and pets (I am NOT drawing a parallel between infants and dogs here...each adds weight to the aircraft and represents a revenue opportunity)?
I also think the fees will be added, though I don't think the nickel and diming is necessary. I think there will be more fees (even fees for carry-on bags...), and I wouldn't be surprised to see a fee for infants. Pets are already fee-d.