The largest expert travel community:
  • 748,006 Total members
  • 10,361 Users online now
  • 1,692,782 Threads
  • 30,659,376 Posts
News

Woman Died After Swallowing Bag of Cocaine in First Class Lounge

Woman Died After Swallowing Bag of Cocaine in First Class Lounge
Jackie Reddy

A woman died last year after ingesting a bag of cocaine in a first class lounge at Manchester Airport (MAN). The incident involved Victoria Buchanan, who was due to depart for Dubai. An inquest into the incident has ruled that the woman’s death was caused by misadventure.

A woman died last year after ingesting a bag of cocaine in a first class lounge at Manchester Airport (MAN), The Sun reports. The incident, which occurred on March 2018, involved 42-year-old Victoria Buchanan, a British teacher who was due to depart for Dubai.

According to the outlet, Buchanan chose to swallow the drugs after realizing that the cocaine was still on her person following her visit to the UK. It is also reported that she had purchased the drugs while in the UK with her husband.

However, after ingesting the drugs, Buchanan suffered a severe seizure when the bag burst in her stomach.

It was initially believed that the mother of three was having an allergic reaction and was given an injection from an EpiPen that was found in her purse. However, she later died at a local hospital and the bag of cocaine was found during a post-mortem examination.

At an inquest into her death, her husband, Mark Buchanan, said, “We were aware she would take small amounts of cocaine occasionally and it was something we did together. I had left the UK a few days before, not a lot was left, not that that matters now.

If somebody had asked her to smuggle the cocaine she would have refused, she wasn’t in a position to be blackmailed I can say that 100 per cent,” he added.

Speaking of the incident, assistant coroner Andrew Bridge said, “I have no understanding of why Victoria would wish to have smuggled cocaine or why she would take the risks. So my conclusion of how she came by her death is one of misadventure.”

[Featured Image: Manchester Airport]

View Comments (7)

7 Comments

  1. fahrradman

    June 5, 2019 at 7:51 am

    Assume this is just sloppy reporting but I’m pretty sure MAN doesn’t have any first lounges. Also, if it were me and I discovered I had cocaine on me and I was airside waiting for a flight to a super drug intolerant country I would flush it in a stall. Not that any of this matters as she is dead.

  2. horseymike

    June 5, 2019 at 8:36 am

    when you play you pay.

  3. Circusplaza

    June 5, 2019 at 9:04 am

    Somebody wanted to have a big party in Dubai…

  4. thebug622

    June 5, 2019 at 9:35 am

    Unless the woman was a total idiot one could assume it was a very small amount of cocaine that bag but it was stronger then her normal dose

  5. JohnnyGlobal

    June 5, 2019 at 10:00 am

    On the surface, it would seem that this woman had the intent to save the cocaine and use it later. Otherwise, to the point raised earlier, there were about a dozen other ways to get rid of the coke without putting herself at any risk. Sad that people make bad decisions like this. Maybe it’ll be a wake up call for her husband.

  6. SarcasticMisanthrope

    June 6, 2019 at 5:11 am

    Death by misadventure. Gotta love the British press for this type of description. 🙂

  7. Mtothe M

    June 10, 2019 at 3:46 pm

    No sympathy. Darwin wins.

You must be logged in on the FORUM to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

More in News

The New Jersey Housewife Who Smuggled Airline Parts Into Iran

Jeff EdwardsJune 17, 2019

US Immigration Has Been Hacked And They Have Your Photo

Jackie ReddyJune 12, 2019

GPS Malfunction Grounded Hundreds of Aircraft in the US – And Nobody Noticed?

Joe CortezJune 11, 2019

Copyright © 2014 Top News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by Wordpress.