Incidents

Business Class Passenger Gets Racist When Refused A Drink

Business Class Passenger Gets Racist When Refused A Drink
Ryan Boyd

An apparently drunk Irish passenger created a wild, racist public scene on a recent Air India flight destined for London after flight staff refused to provide her with further alcohol.

“I’ll turn you inside f—ng out. You f—ing stupid c—,” the charming passenger screamed at flight staff, who presumably qualify for a Nobel Peace Prize for managing to remain courteous.

To read more on this story, go to India Today.

1. arcticflier

November 15, 2018 at 5:12 am

I feel sorry for her husband.

2. mandolino

November 15, 2018 at 6:11 am

I can believe she was a lawyer, but not that she was Irish, with that very southern English accent.

3. Dambus

November 15, 2018 at 6:29 am

Reprehensible passenger behavior.

However, why does the thread title refer the pax nationality? Does this matter?

For comparison, this (appropriately titled) thread makes no reference the pax nationality or ethnicity although both could be guessed at from the video.

4. Martina70

November 15, 2018 at 9:24 am

That ‘woman’ isn’t Irish.

5. NapaPatTours

November 15, 2018 at 11:52 am

Perhaps Ireland is somehow indicated on her Passport? Not sure how that works on EU Passports, but my US version shows I’m a Texan (and by birth, I am). However, I’ve lived elsewhere so long, I don’t have a hint of the Texas Drawl. …y’all… 😉

6. LochAwe

November 16, 2018 at 4:07 am

That is *not* an Irish accent. That is a Brexiter accent.

7. ukinny2000

November 16, 2018 at 4:13 am

not just any person, but Simone O’Broin to be precise, a loathsome human by any measure

8. Nanda Chai

November 16, 2018 at 4:17 am

Alcohol brings out the best us. You ought to hear cabin crew let loose though. It’ll make your ears burn.

9. Rexy52

November 16, 2018 at 4:41 am

I wonder what her law firm thinks about this behaviour?

10. peterk814

November 16, 2018 at 4:48 am

Should’ve happened in the US. Thrown immediately to the ground and into prison where she belongs.

11. alexmyboy

November 16, 2018 at 5:03 am

but I thought Americans were the most obnoxious.

12. dream77boy

November 16, 2018 at 5:28 am

She might have an Irish passport but that accent is English.

13. mapryan

November 16, 2018 at 6:11 am

If she is described as Irish it’s because she is an Irish national with a Irish passport

Accent doesn’t enter into it

14. PapaJack

November 16, 2018 at 6:13 am

NapaPat, you do realise that Ireland is a separate country from the UK and that Texas is a state of the USA. There’s a huge difference with your statement.

15. A4K

November 16, 2018 at 6:35 am

How was that “racist”? Seems like she’s just a drunk, annoying a-hole.

16. Berniecfc

November 16, 2018 at 7:02 am

Oh b’jesus, I think I have to agree with Mandolino, more of a South England accent, I would suspect somewhere like Surrey.
    If she is a Barrister as she liked to tell everyone, perhaps she might be disciplined by one of the Inns of Court?

17. enggeol

November 16, 2018 at 8:49 am

News reports say she was arrested for a racially aggravated public disorder and taken to a police station in west London and subsequently released pending investigation. Papajack – I believe she might be a Northern Irelander so would have a UK passport if that is correct. I can find no sign of her on any barrister chambers web site so the drink may well have been talking. Quite surprised the fellow passengers just sat through the rant and the Air India staff did not restrain her for being so drunk.

18. kulaiwi

November 16, 2018 at 10:30 am

She is drunk and going through withdrawals.
    They should have duct taped her and her mouth to a seat.

19. te36

November 16, 2018 at 10:53 am

Some solutions:
    a) All alcohol served aboard should come with some soporific mixed in already. Thats what i am drinking for anyhow when being on a plane.
    b) You obtain an alcohol consumption license through examination of several drinking sessions of yours by trained physicians. Could indicate something like “coma after 2nd glass” or “racist after 3rd glass” to “high productive airline pilot trough 5th glass”.

20. HawaiianGuy

November 16, 2018 at 1:12 pm

Time after time after time, these incidents happen in the wake of over-consumption of alcohol. In spite of overwhelming evidence of the problems that it brings, airlines STILL insist on serving alcohol. I suspect that the real reason is that it’s lucrative for the airlines. And the idiots who make these decisions live in their Ivory towers where they’ll never have to confront the rude, and sometimes dangerous behavior of these drunks. No, they’ll let their lowly flight crews and paying passengers (that would be US) to deal with ensuing problems. Anything to make a buck. If you can’t go a few hours without a drink, you’ve got a problem.

21. daniellam

November 16, 2018 at 2:19 pm

Looks like this lawyer will be saving on legal costs if she decides to defend herself!

22. skidooman

November 16, 2018 at 6:20 pm

@HawaiianGuy

Alcohol is being consumed in many settings, yet it seems to be more of a problem on planes than anywhere else. It may just be an impression of course.

Perhaps it is the mix of alcohol with the decidedly less-than-friendly environment aboard a plane that makes the difference? Cramped seats (even if this lady seem to have been in first class), sometimes bad service, stress going into the airport (some of which are becoming more fortresses than malls, thank you Bin Laden!), the experience to be in a confined tube of metal for several hours… The list is long.

None of this should absolve her of her acting stupidly. Obviously, millions fly and can behave, with or without alcohol intake. It is just interesting this seems to be happening frequently in airplanes (or, for that matter, cars during rush hour) but you never hear much about this happening aboard trains.

23. bryanb

November 17, 2018 at 10:00 am

Most airline passengers who consume alcohol do so problem-free. I don’t usually drink except during social occasions, but if I’m going on a trip I do enjoy one or two adult beverages while on a long flight. Certainly there should be limits, and in this case, the passenger was cut off perhaps a bit too late. But kudos to the flight crew for having the patience of a saint. I probably would’ve not been able to keep so calm.

24. makrom

November 18, 2018 at 5:16 am

@HawaiianGuy
    So you are telling me I can no longer have a glass of Champagne, because every 10000 flights or so some moron is having a tantrum? To be honest, I’d rather take my micro chances of having to experience such an event. Put the idiots on a no fly list and leave it at that.