The largest expert travel community:
  • 732,109 Total members
  • 7,832 Users online now
  • 1,668,771 Threads
  • 29,968,843 Posts
Hilton

Hilton Faces $100 Million Suit From Woman Who Was Secretly Filmed in Shower

Hilton Faces $100 Million Suit From Woman Who Was Secretly Filmed in Shower
Jackie Reddy

A woman who says that a hotel employee took secret nude footage of her and then used it as part of an extortion attempt is suing Hilton Worldwide for $100 million. The incident happened back in 2015, but only became known to the woman when she was contacted by the alleged suspect back in September.

Hilton Worldwide is facing a $100 million lawsuit from an anonymous guest who alleges that an employee took footage of her in the shower and then attempted to blackmail her with it, ABC News reports.

The footage was recorded in the summer of 2015 by a camera placed in the shower of the woman’s room at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Albany, New York. However, the woman only became aware of the incident in September, when she says that the man who filmed the video made contact with her via e-mail.

In an interview with Good Morning America, as quoted by the outlet, the woman said, “It was like I had been hit by a truck. It just knocked the wind out of me.”

He informed the woman that he had uploaded the footage to a pornography website. The man threatened to expose both the video and her personal details to more people if she refused to share further footage of herself.

The woman refused to share this footage, prompting the man to send the video to colleagues. He also stipulated that he would stop sharing the footage only if he received monetary payment from her.

Video footage of the woman was eventually released to a dozen different pornography websites.

While the woman’s legal counsel has not pinpointed the identity of the suspect, the outlet reports that “they’re holding the hotel responsible because the suspect ended up with the woman’s name and other personal info that she provided to the hotel, according to the suit.”

She is now suing Hilton Worldwide – the parent company of Hampton Inn – for emotional distress.

In a statement to ABC, the hotel chain said, “On Monday, December 3rd we were alerted by ABC News to details of an alleged incident at the Hampton Inn and Suites Albany-Downtown in 2015. We take the safety and well-being of our guests incredibly seriously, and find the details included in the civil filing distressing. We commit to supporting the independent ownership and management of the property as they investigate, respond, and cooperate with any law enforcement investigations.”

[Photo: Getty Images]

Click to add a comment

You must be logged in on the FORUM to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

More in Hilton

Hotel Bonus Point Promotions You Should Nab in Fall

Ariana ArghandewalOctober 28, 2018

Hilton Honors Makes “Substantial Increases” to Cheapest Property

Jackie ReddySeptember 18, 2018

Hilton Honors Puts the Screws on Marriott Rewards

Ryan BoydSeptember 11, 2018

Copyright © 2014 Top News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by Wordpress.