If you’re interested, Southwest Airlines is status matching for free. All you have to do is log in to their status-matching portal, register and you’ll be given Southwest A-List Status.
The only qualifications are:
- you must already have status with another airline’s loyalty program (they’ll ask for a screenshot)
- you must be a Southwest Rapid Rewards loyalty program member (you don’t have to have any status, you can just sign up here)
You’ll automatically keep A-List status for 90 days with an option to extend it to 12 full months if you make three qualifying roundtrip flights (or six qualifying one-way flights) during the 90-day promotional period.
Southwest Rapid Rewards A-List travelers enjoy:
- priority boarding
- free same-day standby service
- a 25% earning bonus on miles
- access to a dedicated phone line
- Southwest’s Fly By® priority check-in feature and security lane access.
To learn more or to sign up, head to Southwest’s website.