British Airways

British Airways Brings Changes to Club World

British Airways Brings Changes to Club World
Jennifer Billock

British Airways is changing up some key parts of its Club World meal service, due to ample feedback and comments from flight attendants and customers that came in after the special service was launched back in 2017; the changes will roll out when the airline switches to its winter schedule at the end of October.

Starting October 28, British Airways will be rolling out changes to the Club World service it introduced in 2017. Overwhelmingly, according to both flight attendants and customers, the speed of service – which was via trolley – was too slow. The quality of the food served, though, garnered positive reviews; it has been consistently changed and refined since the launch of Club World.

The new changes to the service include replacing the trolley system with hand delivery for all portions of the meal, priority ordering, special meals coming out at the same time as regular meals, and ordering all parts of the meal at once.

“Our £600m investment in Club World including the new catering and The White Company bedding is proving incredibly popular with customers and driving fantastic feedback around the quality and comfort of the experience,” a British Airways spokesperson told Business Traveller. “We can’t be complacent though, and look to continuously improve by testing changes to the service style.”

Although the biggest complaint – speed of service – will be resolved with this change, it also brings a potential negative: travelers will no longer be able to see meal choices in person. Rather, they’ll have to read it from the menu only.

[Image Source: British Airways]

1. Richard Street

October 8, 2018 at 1:55 pm

Does anyone ever look at the food? I can’t remember ever seeing anyone ever ask before making their selection.

2. rjlon

October 9, 2018 at 4:39 am

Biggest problem facung Club World is how the beds/seats are. Flew Club World from Nairobi last week. Less bothered by the pack if pretzels in place of nuts and the gloopy rusotto than by the 3rd world style off terminal srand with stairs and buses. BA is still more Third world than One World. first outbound was better but still no gate at Heathrow… beds are shotrter than AA, QF, JL, CX but swueezed in OK.

3. Spider

October 9, 2018 at 4:51 am

Nothing can save BA from becoming a budget carrier. It’s Spanish boss has taken it down the same path as Ryanair. Such silly cost savings are not appropriate to full service carrier.

4. flyerCO

October 9, 2018 at 4:57 am

Does anyone ever proofread their articles on FT? The title says One World not Club World.

5. Sealink

Sealink

October 9, 2018 at 5:01 am

BA brings changes to One World!? You mean Club World.

6. kc1174

October 9, 2018 at 5:30 am

The food service on Club World has always been hand service – I’ve never seen a trolley. Maybe the change is – they are moving to a trolley service, from hand delivery.., And as Richard says – we have never got to look at the food.
    Also, please fix the headline. BA aren’t bringing changes to One World – it’s Club World. Note the error also carried through to a FT email.

7. Maayan

October 9, 2018 at 5:38 am

Richard Street: I do. And I have changed my mind as a result.

8. FI1980

October 9, 2018 at 6:11 am

I can only too well remember the Croque Monsieur. Probably best not seen, and now replaced with a frittata. The service is painfully slow on a busy short haul flight, so the changes are welcome.

9. texmanufan

October 9, 2018 at 6:16 am

The title says changes to One World. Isn’t that the Airline Alliance?

10. JDogg

October 9, 2018 at 6:39 am

I for one, really enjoyed the trolley – some of the dishes looked so much more appetizing than the descriptions could ever be. Also, it reminded me of my very first, transatlantic First Class experience on PanAm. Just without the caviar! On my most recent BA LHR to JFK, I thought we were about to return to the elegance of those bygone days. Alas, some people are too impatient to enjoy the experience.

11. UncleDude

October 9, 2018 at 9:41 am

Last Century Club World Business Class seating just does not cut it with me..This is the 1-2-1 Generation

12. quicky

October 9, 2018 at 10:00 am

As long as BA has such squeezed business class seats they can do what they want, I will never use it again after my first experiance unless they sell them for Eco fairs.

13. Rexy52

October 9, 2018 at 4:38 pm

I’d rather get my main course served on a timely basis than sit waiting for an hour after the starter while it’s shown to everyone ahead of me in the cabin!