The largest expert travel community:
  • 756,707 Total members
  • 9,518 Users online now
  • 1,705,265 Threads
  • 31,039,756 Posts
Celebrities

Anthony Bourdain’s Fans Can Bid on His Belongings

Anthony Bourdain’s Fans Can Bid on His Belongings
Jennifer Billock

Anthony Bourdain’s death was an incredibly tragic loss for the travel, journalism, and food communities alike, but his legacy will be remembered in a very special way; more than 200 of his belongings will be auctioned off next month to benefit his wife and child and also to create a fund for a scholarship.

Many of us were left reeling after Anthony Bourdain died by suicide while he was filming an episode of his show in France in 2018. It was a blow felt by not just the travel community, but also the journalism and food communities. Now, as we remember his legacy, his estate is getting ready to auction off his belongings.

In October, more than 200 of his personal belongings will hit the auction block. The money received in the auction will be split two ways: 60 percent will go to his wife Ottavia Busia (they were separated at the time of Bourdain’s death) and his daughter Ariane (who was 11 at the time of his death). The remaining 40 percent will be used to establish the Anthony Bourdain Legacy Scholarship at the Culinary Institute of America, which will send a student abroad for a semester.

All told, Bourdain’s belongings are estimated to be worth about $400,000. Some of the notable items in the collection, according to CNN, include art from John Lurie, a custom-made chef’s knife, a US Navy jacket, art from Ralph Steadman, his writing desk, and a metallic duck press. Antiques Roadshow auctioneer Lark Mason will run the auction.

Click to add a comment

You must be logged in on the FORUM to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Celebrities

More in Celebrities

Why Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith Won’t Sleep on Planes

Jennifer BillockSeptember 24, 2019

Peter the Pilot Is Your Next Bachelor

Jennifer BillockSeptember 21, 2019

Kate Beckinsale Traveling With 17 Suitcases Is a Big Mood

Meg ButlerSeptember 19, 2019

Copyright © 2014 Top News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by Wordpress.