Celebrities

Anderson Cooper Knows He Freaks People out on Planes

Anderson Cooper Knows He Freaks People out on Planes
Jennifer Billock

It can be a little disconcerting when you’re flying next to a celebrity on an airplane, and for Anderson Cooper, it can get a little bit worse; apparently he freaks people out on planes, and when they see him on a flight, they wonder if there’s a problem at their destination because he’s going there too.

Most big celebrities tend to fly on private jets or charter flights—but not Anderson Cooper. He flies commercial airlines and apparently freaks people out whenever he does.

In a recent video by WIRED for a series that interviews celebrities with the most asked questions about them on Google, called the Autocomplete Interview, the CNN anchor was asked if he flies commercial. He replied that he does—“Of course. I work for basic cable,” he said in the video—but also that sometimes people get nervous seeing him on their flight.

“I’ve have had experiences when I’ve gotten on a plane and people start to look at me nervously and some people have said to me, ‘Is there something happening where I’m going, because I don’t know if I should be going where you’re going because you don’t go anywhere where good things happen,’” he said in the video.

He says he understands. He does have problems understanding this activity though, which he tells Architectural Digest is his biggest pet peeve while flying: “People who take their shoes and socks off on a plane. Really? No one wants to see your feet, Frodo Baggins. And what makes people think it’s okay to put their bare feet up on the armrests in front of them? Keep ’em down and keep a sock on those things.”

[Image Source: Shutterstock]

1. John Aldeborgh

September 18, 2019 at 5:52 am

What an ego. At least 50% of the time he’s flying home from a bad place.

2. Jackie_414

September 18, 2019 at 7:24 am

Why do we bother with any CNN elitists?

3. robnbrwn

September 19, 2019 at 9:10 am

Why is he mic’d while flying??

4. iwanderafar

September 19, 2019 at 9:57 am

I would love to sit next to Anderson Cooper. He seems like he has great manners. A very classy guy. I wouldn’t need to worry about him picking his nose, putting his feet up, clipping his toenail, and all the other low class things people do anywhere they please without regard to the people around them.

Elitist? Really?

5. twb3

September 19, 2019 at 2:39 pm

My only concern would be if the aircraft could handle the weight of Anderson’s monumental ego and self-importance.

6. BMGRAHAM

September 19, 2019 at 8:04 pm

I would love to sit next to Anderson Cooper so that I can tell him exactly what I think of CNN that is more of a political platform than a news channel.

7. model_un

September 20, 2019 at 8:16 am

I’m really curious here… what in the article or video scream elitists. Is it the barefoot issue, I too am bothered by bare feet, to each his own, but I think it’s gross. Where does he say that he flies mic’d? He flies commercial. Sounds pretty easy going if you ask me.

8. FlyGUYClipper

September 20, 2019 at 8:14 pm

CNN – Classy???, LOL!!!- FAKE NEWS of the purest. Not a bone in any ones body is Professional. They will really have to change the name to better their ratings, The lowest of any organization., SAD really.

9. alexmyboy

September 24, 2019 at 6:43 am

OMG he is smart so naturally I hate him because I am an insecure individual