American Airlines

American to Cut Sling Load on Disliked Sandwiches

American to Cut Sling Load on Disliked Sandwiches
Ryan Boyd

American Airlines has made the choice to replace the widely disliked breakfast sandwiches on its in-flight menus with a flatbread sandwich and two different omelets due to overwhelming customer feedback.

To read more on this story, go to The Forward Cabin.

[Photo: Shutterstock]

1. kb9522

December 4, 2017 at 10:48 am

I’ll stick with the fruit plate, yogurt and granola, thanks…

2. diburning

December 4, 2017 at 1:40 pm

It’s better than the ubiquitous quiche I guess…

3. kiowavt

December 4, 2017 at 5:24 pm

None of the three leaves off the meat for us vegetarians? Nixes it for me where an alternative would work fine for a meat eater. Darn.

4. infinite97

December 5, 2017 at 7:54 am

the breakfast sandwich is the worst thing I’ve ever had on a plane. I had it once; never again.

I actually just emailed AA this past weekend about this…

5. Whodunit68

December 5, 2017 at 9:55 am

these also look awful.

6. Danwriter

December 5, 2017 at 10:17 am

7. KevAZ

December 5, 2017 at 10:33 am

Turkey sausage….I doubt it was a health driver. Diversity rules again.

8. Berniecfc

December 5, 2017 at 10:56 am

You know whatever they serve is not going to look like the pictures. I think the current breakfast has more nourishment if you eat the cardboard box instead of what is in it. Any change can only be a step forward for the better.

9. thewire

December 5, 2017 at 12:02 pm

I will stick to the plan of stopping at one of the greasy spoon stand in the food court to pick up something to drink and just let A.A. provide my adult beverage. Yes at 6am egg Mc Muffin with Vodka and Cranberry juice is wonderful. Tried it on my last 1st Class flight.

10. hejiranyc

December 5, 2017 at 12:09 pm

Wow, in the 21st century, why isn’t it possible to get an airline meal that doesn’t include some rotting piece of dead animal flesh in it? Sure, I can order the “vegetarian” option, but this is usually a chunk of iceberg lettuce and blue cheese dressing. Yuck. Contrary to popular belief, vegetarians/vegans like to EAT.

11. chrisboote

December 6, 2017 at 4:38 am

And, as usual with US airlines, every one is cheese
    What is the US obsession with cheese?