Passengers

Aaron Carter Claims American Airlines Flight Attendant Body Shamed Him

Aaron Carter Claims American Airlines Flight Attendant Body Shamed Him
Jennifer Billock

Solo artist and actor Aaron Carter, brother of Backstreet Boy’s Nick Carter, recently went on a Twitter rampage where he alleged that an American Airlines flight attendant body shamed him and they lost his luggage, which apparently had about $11,000 worth of clothing, toiletries, and merchandise inside.

On a recent American Airlines flight from Chicago to Los Angeles, solo artist and actor Aaron Carter claimed he was body shamed and that the airline lost his bag full of expensive items. He chronicled the experience in a series of now-deleted tweets, reported by Yahoo Entertainment.

“I literally just saw a flight attendant across from me making fun of me and body shaming me on my flight 1384 @AmericanAir,” he tweeted. “I’ve literally had enough you guys are putting me through the ringer and now this!? A FLIGHT ATTENDANT! You guys lost my bag with 11k worth of merch & this!?”

He continued: “I’m f–king livid. Flight aa1384@AmericanAir why is an airline I’ve spent millions of dollars over the course of 23 years treating me like this and scoffing at me!? @AmericanAir you have 24 hours to resolve the issue of my bag and I am highly considering a law suit now over this.”

And then explained the problem with his bag: “They lost my bag with all my clothes designer clothing’s 100 merch items that go for 50$ a piece two pair of yeezy worth 2,000 EACH AND MY CUSTUM JACKET AND 1,000 at least of toiletries and my dolce Gabbana suit. Thank you much @AmericanAir you need to resolve this NOW TODAY.”

It’s important to note that in his tweets, he did not explain how he was body shamed. He also deleted all the tweets shortly after Yahoo published their story about the incident.

[Featured Image: YouTube/Entertainment Tonight]

1. diburning

August 15, 2019 at 3:26 am

Another American story? Yikes, this makes me wonder if the flight attendants are mistreating customers on purpose as a bit of an underground strike, knowing that their union will stand behind them.

2. Bluecardholder

August 15, 2019 at 3:31 am

The worse ever had was a 4 hour delay at Aberdeen Airport due to the plane being delayed by French Air Traffic Strike. The inbound Easyjet flight originated in Paris before doing LGW, then LGW to Aberdeen.

Since its a small provincial airport, theres not a lot to do, and the £5 meal voucher really was only enough to buy bottle of water. Instead of arriving in LGW at 10pm we arrived IIRC about 2am.

3. Poellas

August 15, 2019 at 6:09 am

Can anybody explain the meaning of Body Shamed this guy must not be ticking straight.

4. fotographer

August 15, 2019 at 8:34 am

I found this story hare to believe….does he feel too special?

5. zitsky

August 15, 2019 at 9:59 am

I mean it’s terrible to lose your luggage or have it stolen. But does he expect better treatment because he is a celebrity? As far as body shaming, he looks pretty skinny. Did they tell him to eat more?

6. mvoight

August 15, 2019 at 12:51 pm

Unless he has insurance, he’s not getting $11K
    Airline liability for loss luggage is limited under the law
    Also, it doesn’t matter what he sells his merchandise for, that is not the value.
    He is not entitled to profit off lost luggage

7. strickerj

August 15, 2019 at 7:36 pm

This belongs in the DYKWIA thread. What a whiny brat…

8. derekno

August 16, 2019 at 5:23 am

Well, I do not know what body shaming is, but AA is a shit company — all their stewardess have an combative attitude toward the flying public and their policies ensure that you have a crap flight (you fly on an AA flight to another AA flight on separate tickets to save money well they don’t check your luggage through to your final — you have to collect it and pay another outrageous fee). When you travel on a basic economy ticket (why pay $2 for your litre of milk when the price is $1?) they purposely allocate you a middle seat even when the adjacent window and aisle seats are available to assign. That is just mean and abusive. I’d say they’re shittier than UAL except AA doesn’t drag you off the aircraft and remove your teeth and they don’t kill the dogs you check in the hold.

9. HomerJay

August 16, 2019 at 6:22 am

Aaron Carter was a spectacular childhood musical star who has been through an awful lot. Hollywood and show business are not great places for kids to grow up. There’s a lot I could say about his journey that is best left unsaid, except to repeat that he’s been through a lot. I’d go easy on him and not judge.

10. Snuggs

August 16, 2019 at 6:32 am

Nothing like another DYKWIA story.

No wonder AA is cash flush, they have all these customers spending million of dollars on airfare each and then they steal all of the $10,000 bags.

11. BOBAD

August 16, 2019 at 8:41 am

In the war between AA and Aaron Carter I would support AA every time.

I can’t stand wannabe Z list celebrities who feel entitled.

Why the emphasis on “flight attendants!” mocking him? Does he think that he deserves mocking by someone higher up the social chain than a flight attendant.?

The best put-down of an entitled brat I ever heard was when I was standing in line at an AA check-in desk at Chicago ORD and the pompous self-important brat checking-in ahead of me and trying unsuccessfully to score an upgrade to first, issued the immortal words “Don’t you know who I am?” followed immediately by the agent picking up the public address mic and requesting of the travelling public “We have a traveller at the check in desk who doesn’t know who he is, so if you have lost a member of your party please contact an AA check-in desk…..”

Job done.

12. pkerr

August 22, 2019 at 8:47 am

Ahh.. his feelings got hurt.