British Airways

5 Business Class Seats I Can’t Wait To Try

5 Business Class Seats I Can’t Wait To Try
Ariana Arghandewal

I realize this post totally contradicts my previous claim that I don’t care about flying premium cabins anymore. While I won’t let a lack of business class award space stand in the way of travel, these five new business class seats totally have me wanting to organize trips just so I can experience these new seats. If you’re into flying business class over first, you’ll want to pay attention to these five business class seats that I personally can’t wait to try:

Image Source: Qatar

Qatar Airways QSuites

Technically, Qatar Airways QSuites aren’t “new” (they were unveiled a year ago) but since I haven’t experienced it I’m classifying it as new. This is the perfect business class seat to try with a group of friends or family. Four center seats can be configured to face each other, creating a private dining area for four. Beyond that, everything from the fully-enclosed seats to the meal service look incredible. With a business class cabin like this, who needs first class?

Eva Air Business Class

This past October, Eva Air took delivery of its new Dreamliner, featuring their brand new business class seats designed in collaboration with BMW. As you can imagine, that translates to some stylish yet comfortable seats, with extra privacy shields and direct aisle access all around.

Image Source: Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Business Class

Singapore Airlines has always been killing it when it comes to providing a superior business class seat. Their new 787-10 Dreamliners are no exception. These gorgeous new lie-flat seats offer plenty of space, privacy, and entertainment. What’s especially impressive is that Singapore Airlines will operate the 787-10 on regional flights. So if you’re dreading the 2-hour flight between Singapore and Bali, know you’ll have over 1,000 hours of entertainment through the IFE.

Image Source: British Airways

British Airways Club World

British Airlines was the first airline to offer lie-flat business class seats – and the innovation stopped there. Now the airline is promising a new and improved business class seat onboard their A350’s in July 2019. These seats will offer more privacy, space, and “wow” factor altogether. The first time I flew business class was on British Airways, between London and Dubai. That was 2012. I’m looking forward to seeing how the new design stacks up against the old (and hoping it’s truly an improvement).

Image Source: Lufthansa

Lufthansa 777X Business Class
Lufthansa really upped its business class game with the 747-8 by making the seats lie-flat. Now they’re innovating their product further, with a brand new business class onboard their 777X. The renderings of the sleek black seats placed in a staggered 1-2-1 formation look absolutely stunning. Unfortunately, the new seats won’t be available until 2020 but it’s certainly something to look forward to.

Those are the new business class seats I’m most looking forward to flying. The destination is the end goal, but that doesn’t mean I can’t get there and try one of these awesome new business class seats. I’d love your take on this: Which new business class seat are you looking forward to trying out in the future?

1. sdsearch

December 18, 2018 at 12:50 pm

I was rebooked on BA business LAX-LHR after a schedule problem with an AA business award to Europe came up on departure day. It was way worse SERVICE than I’ve ever had on a US-to_Europe business flight before. They handed out tray with one bread roll, then nothing more for half an hour, then never any other bread offered again. (As opposed to AA, which passes by a couple times with baskets of different breads to choose from.) Then while the menu listed 3 appetizers, and didn’t say you only get one of the three, only two were on the cart, and they made you choose. Then the main course was nothing to write home about.

So I wouldn’t care what great seat they might have, if their service is going to be this poor on a 10-hour flight, the seat doesn’t matter. enough to make for that.

On the other hand, on Qatar I didn’t have Q-Suite, but the food was SO good (by far the best airline food I remember ever having) that it took a week of me eating in restaurants on the ground in South Africa before I ate at a restaurant where the food was as good as on the plane. I couldn’t believe that I was rating food on a plane above food at multiple restaurants.

So there’s more than just seats to consider when choosing between multiple airlines IMHO.

2. rosege

December 19, 2018 at 6:25 am

Going to be flying LA 787,EK A380 & 777 ,CX 777 & QF 747-400 in the first few months of next year. Will be interesting to compare LA 787 (not expecting too much) with EK A380 and CX 777 and finally QF 747 upper deck. Probably most looking forward to EK A380 and the on-board bar.

3. shmoozy1

December 19, 2018 at 6:37 am

Singapore J seats are the worst product Feet are forced into a tiny cubby hole under the tray table of the seat in front Need to lie at 30 degrees angle to get your feet to line up with cubby

4. eyuro

December 19, 2018 at 8:09 am

Yes, but they are wide enough to do that! I am flying home from Hong Kong in early Jan via Singapore just to try out the new A350 for 18 hours nonstop.

5. peterk814

December 19, 2018 at 8:37 am

BA looks like crap.

6. jsintexas

December 19, 2018 at 8:57 am

I have flown AA Business Class on 777-300 and 787 -9 and 787-9 Premium Economy. It is a big upgrade over past experiences years ago on other airlines like EVA, Asiana, Korean Air and JAL,

I have been very satisfied with the comfort and service. I have not experienced Business Class on any other airlines in the past 5 years so maybe I do not know what I do not know.

7. jrpallante

December 19, 2018 at 9:04 am

I was planning to fly AKL-DOH-BCN on Qatar, but I decided to reposition to SYD just to get the QSuites, which are not yet offered on the AKL-DOH flight. IMO, 85,000 AA miles for 23 hours of luxury is mileage well spent. The BA seats look nice and spacious, though not very private. Unfortunately, I can only fly international biz when award seats are available. BA’s FU fees are a deal-breaker, so I don’t think I will ever get to try their newest product.

8. Alecreid

December 19, 2018 at 9:56 am

Sorry, I’ll never fly BA business class again. These seats look no different than their current offering. The seat layout is terrible and lacks privacy. I traveled with a great friend this summer to Milan from SFO. She preferred to sit in the aisle, but soon regretted it, as even reclined there is NO privacy. She was staring at all the others across the aisles, as they were staring back. Even facing each other in our individual seats got tired after 11 hours. At 6’2”, the lie flat seats weren’t long enough to stretch out, so sleeping was restless. The window seats also require that you leap over an entirely different passenger to get to the aisle. The service and food were on par with the seats awful. So many other transatlantic business products soar above BA – Swiss, Air Canada – that you’d be desperate to take BA.

9. Fine Art Landscape Photographer

December 19, 2018 at 12:27 pm

QSuite seats are very nice, just flew on them last month.

10. trevorpjc

December 19, 2018 at 12:40 pm

Dont bother trying BA, old or new, i just flew the new Club Seat from Miami to Heathrow, awful. I was on the aisle, there is zero privacy and fully flat you watch ankles walking by and very close to the passenger across the aisle. The buttons to work the seat actions are oddly located side on and difficult to see and reach. Each time I lowered the seat the headphone cable got trapped under the inside armrest, very irritating. My wife hates the seat configuration having to stride over a stranger’s outstretched legs, and having had a hip op a few months ago was not impressed at all as she had to wake the passenger to exit. Her footrest was also broken so she could not lie flat! There were at least two other footstools broken according to a hostess. When my wife complained on the survey form, you wont believe this!- she received a call double checking then a £25 e voucher as compensation!! A £2000+ seat, non working as described, and a £25 compensation/goodwill offer. We had flown out American – excellent and proper seating arrangement. We have booked Cathay business to Bangkok in January and I believe theirs have ‘normal arrangements’.
    Never again BA, your track record is poor and deservedly so.

11. Ilikeairlinefood

December 19, 2018 at 1:41 pm

The seats on AA Boeing 767-300 Business Class flight from JFK to MAD were amazing. I just wish the food could keep pace with the nice seats that recline to a bed. Why can’t AA serve grilled chicken that’s “really” grilled and not sort of rubbery? We’re talking eat half – maybe – and toss the rest away!

12. quicky

December 22, 2018 at 10:02 pm

I totally agree to the comments about BA business class seats. Extremly narrow, no space to put any belonging, shaped like fish in a can. Just horrible and disgusting. BA exectives should be forced to fly there and not first class! Then they would never ever agree to such desasterous designs.

13. flyerCO

January 11, 2019 at 7:59 pm

BA hasnt released the design of their new seat. Pictures are of old J class seat.