The Middle East is full of ancient history, political unrest, culture and art. Although Jordan and Israel are relatively safe to visit, a visit to Iraq obviously must be exercised with some caution. Here are some hotel suggestions to make planning your trip a bit easier.
Leonardo Plaza Hotel is a jewel in the center of the city. Within walking distance to the Western Wall in the Old City and Independence Park, the hotel offers packages to historical sites such as the Dome of the Rock, Church of the Holy Sepulcher and the Holocaust Memorial. After a long day visiting the sites, you can relax and unwind in the hot tub, pool or sauna. Guest rooms are artfully decorated, each with a view of the Old City. The Italian cuisine of the on-site restaurant is enjoyable. Leonardo Plaza Hotel Jerusalem offers their guests a sense of comfort and, importantly, security while visiting Israel.
- Address: 47 King George Street, Jerusalem 91076, Israel
- Rooms: 270
- Hotel Program: Leonardo AdvantageCLUB
- Reservations: +972-3-5110097
- Price: $$$
Tulip Inn is situated between Herod’s Gates and Damascus, in the Holy City. Well within walking distance to most of the area’s cultural, religious and historic sites, the Tulip Inn offers a comfortable stay, warm staff and secure location. It features all the amenities of some of the larger hotels at a very affordable cost. Complementary Wi-Fi makes it easy to share your visit in real time. Guests will enjoy a breakfast buffet, Jacuzzi and private bath among the amenities.
- Address: Sultan Suleiman Street, Damascus Gate, Jerusalem 19066, Israel
- Rooms: 120
- Hotel Program: Golden Tulip Flavours
- Reservations: +972-02-6272416
- Price: $$
Known as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, the historic Rose City of Petra is only a few minutes away from the Amra Palace Hotel. The hotel itself offers an awe-inspiring look into the more than one thousand year old city. The pool and Jacuzzi area is akin to an underground fresh spring, lavishly adorned in stone and tile. Rooms are very comfortable. Facility services include money exchange, round-the-clock on-call hotel physician, gift shop, restaurant and shuttle service to Petra Valley.
- Address: Wadi Mousa, P.O Box. 124, Petra, Jordan, 71810
- On site: One restaurant; in the summer there’s an outdoor Bedouin BBQ; cafe; spa
- Reservations: +962-3-2157070
- Price: $
Marriott offers one of its most impressive five-star properties in Petra, Jordan. Guest rooms present spacious accommodations. Enjoy a variety of cuisines in one of three restaurants, each with its own distinct tastes. After a day touring the sites, you can relax by the heated pool or in the sauna. Perhaps you might prefer the spa and indulge in one of the full service treatments at the Loofah Turkish Bath.
- Address: Queen Rania Al Abdallah Street, Wadi Moussa, Jordan
- Rooms: 100
- On site: Dushara, a Mediterranean restaurant; L’Affresco, an Italian restaurant; Aretas Bar & Lounge; outdoor pool; sauna
- Hotel Program: Marriott Rewards (Category 4) – Earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 within 3 months with the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card.
- Reservations: 1-800-228-9290
- Price: $$$
Hotel Ishtar Sheraton
One of the tallest buildings in Iraq, Hotel Ishtar Sheraton rests beside the Tigris River in the historic Fertile Crescent. During the war the hotel was hit several times by rockets and mortar and was closed for renovations for more than a year. Since reopening, Hotel Ishtar has hosted a number of delegates, correspondents and dignitaries. Guest rooms are comfortable and modern, each with its own balcony. Among the amenities, Hotel Ishtar Sheraton offers a jogging track, outdoor pool and gift shop. But don’t get too excited about spending your Starpoints here, despite its name, the Sheraton isn’t affiliated with Starwood.
- Address: Al-Sa’doon St, Baghdad, Iraq
- On site:
- Reservations: +964 770-677-0711
- Price: $
MORE FROM THE LOBBY