Everyone should experience New Year’s Eve in Times Square New York at least once in their lives. There is no midnight on earth with that amount of energy and excitement. While you might think that you have to plan it months in advance, the truth is there are quite a few hotels that have last minute deals and rooms available. Here are some suggestions to get you into the biggest New Year’s Eve party on the planet.
Every year Sheraton in Midtown Manhattan hosts a New Year’s Eve party. Rates generally begin around $650.00 (per person) for a three night package that includes accommodations, free passes to several New York City attractions and historical sites and, of course, puts you in the center of the celebration. For additional fees you can gain access to after-parties to continue celebrating once the ball drops at midnight. There are usually always a few rooms left. The price is based on double occupancy, so you want to take someone with you, or you could be stuck paying $1,300 for the trip.
- Address: 811 7th Avenue on 53rd Street, New York City, NY 10019
- Rooms: 1,750
- Hotel Program: SPG (Category 5)
- Reservations: (212) 581-1000
- Price: $$$$
2. Grand Hyatt
Close to Grand Central Terminal and Times Square, the Grand Hyatt in New York is a fantastic place to find a last minute New Year’s Eve room. Newly renovated, the Grand Hyatt Central Park features several very affordable packages and will likely have rooms available. Club Members will have access to the New Year’s Eve party in the Lounge.
- Address: 109 East 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017
- Rooms: 1,311
- On site: New York Central Restaurant; The Lounge at New York Central; Grab-n-Go Market
- Hotel Program: Hyatt Gold Passport (Category 6) – Earn 2 free nights after spending $1,000 within 3 months with the Hyatt Credit Card.
- Reservations: (212) 883-1234
- Price: $$$-$$$$
Although this small gem in the center of Times Square does not have rooms with balconies it has a roof with a spectacular view, which makes it all the better. Guests don’t have to fight the crowds to watch the coveted Swarovski crystal ball drop at midnight. It is possible to find cancellations and rooms available as late as December 29th. Let the management know that you are eager to stay with them and they will call you if there is an opening.
- Address: 147 West 43rd Street, New York City, NY 10036
- Rooms: 44
- Reservations: (212) 869-1212
- Price: $$$$
If your plan is to be in the center of it all, then Marriott Marquis is the place to be. While the Marriott tends to fill up rather quickly, with over 1,900 rooms, there are—most of the time—some last minute cancellations where you can grab a room for the event. Room costs could range from $700 to over $1,000 for New Year’s Eve.
- Address: 1535 Broadway, At 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036
- Rooms: 1,949
- On site: Broadway Lounge; Crossroads American Kitchen & Bar; The View Restaurant & Lounge; Starbucks; gym
- Hotel Program: Marriott Rewards (Category 8) – Earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 within 3 months with the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card.
- Reservations: 1 888-236-2427
- Price: $$$$
Most hotels require a three night minimum to get any sort of discount. Keep in mind that Times Square on New Year’s Eve is the most expensive night for hotels in New York so you are going to spend anywhere from $400 to $1,000 per night and up.
MORE FROM THE LOBBY