Qatar Airways announced a promotion yesterday, allowing 2 children to fly free in the company of one adult. This promotion is valid for all purchases made before August 27, 2011 for travel in the month of August (Terms and Conditions Below).
Under Qatar Airways’ definition, a child is between the ages of 2-11. Taxes and other fees will still apply to the child’s ticket purchases, but the fact remains that families can still take advantage of serious savings on air travel (to the Middle East). The timing coincides with Malaysia Airlines’ announcement that they would not allow babies to fly in First Class anymore. Some feel that this Qatar Airways promotion is targeted at that move.
Terms and Conditions of the Offer
- Valid on qatarairways.com
- Valid on Qatar Airways operated flights only
- Valid from selected cities on the Qatar Airways global network
- Purchase by: 27th August 2011
- Outbound travel is valid 1st – 31st August 2011 and all travel to be completed by 31st August 2011
- Eligible destinations: Abu Dhabi, Aleppo, Amman, Bahrain, Beirut, Damascus, Doha, Dubai, Kuwait, Muscat and Riyadh
- Not valid for purchase from the following countries: Australia, Bahrain, Greece, Iran, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey & the UAE
- Book one adult ticket and pay taxes and surcharges for up to two kids (children or infants)
Book two adults tickets and pay taxes and surcharges for up to four kids (children or infants)
- Child fare will have a base of zero. Only taxes and surcharges to be paid
- A nominal fare may be applied in some countries, which may range between $10 and $40
- Valid for Economy Class travel only
- Customers who did not receive a discount, cannot be credited retrospectively
- Discount only applies for customers wishing to travel via Doha
- Not valid in combination with any other promotions or Qatar Airways online offers
- Seats are limited and subject to availability, so hurry!
- Other conditions apply, please review terms at the time of booking