You most likely have a Getaway Bonus targeted and waiting just for you where you will earn double Marriott Rewards frequent guest loyalty program points after the second paid stay — up to a maximum of 25,000 bonus points — pertaining to stays at participating Marriott hotel and resort properties between June 1, 2014 and August 31, 2014; but you must sign in and register by July 31, 2014 to receive your own targeted offer and participate in this promotion.
Here is a list of the brands of hotel properties participating in this promotion:
- JW Marriott
- Autograph Collection Hotels
- Renaissance Hotels
- AC Hotels by Marriott
- Marriott Hotels and Resorts
- Courtyard by Marriott
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott
- Gaylord Hotels
- Marriott Vacation Club — although owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit
- Moxy Hotels
- Stays at participating The Ritz-Carlton hotel properties will count toward achievement as well
Although mixed reactions have been posted regarding this latest promotion, the majority of FlyerTalk members are disappointed. “…this is a pretty crappy promo”, opined FlyerTalk member njcommodore. “At least 2 cat 1-5 certificates netted a decent return, even if there are limited properties.”
However, FlyerTalk member VickiSoCal believes that “Actually double points could net us quite a bit if our stays line up right. For example, we stayed 5 nights in Hawaii over spring break and our base points were 17K. I wouldn’t mind doubling that.”
I registered for this promotion; and it appears that I received the standard offer. Other FlyerTalk members report receiving offers such as:
- 20,000 points for staying 12 nights, + 10,000 bonus points after 18 nights, up to 30,000 Marriott Rewards frequent guest loyalty program points
- 25,000 points for staying 15 nights, + 10,000 bonus points after 20 nights, up to 35,000 Marriott Rewards frequent guest loyalty program points
- 35,000 points for staying 20 nights, + 10,000 bonus points after 25 nights, up to 45,000 Marriott Rewards frequent guest loyalty program points
There does not appear to be any hotel or resort properties which are not participating in this promotion.
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit. Only one room per hotel property is counted toward your nights or stay. A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel property, regardless of how many times you check in or check out. If you elect to earn frequent flier loyalty program miles instead of Marriott Rewards frequent guest loyalty program points, you are not eligible for this promotion. Bonus Marriott Rewards frequent guest loyalty program points will be awarded to your account within three to five business days after the qualifying stay.
Neither this offer nor the awards are transferable and they may not be given as a gift. Other terms and conditions apply. For complete details, call 888-Marriott or 888-627-7468; contact Customer Care; or visit the official Internet web site of this current promotion.