For 72 hours — from Tuesday, June 11, 2013 through Thursday, June 13, 2013 — you can book flights on both Southwest Airlines and AirTran Airways at low airfares for travel between August 26, 2013 through December 18, 2013.
The airfares for non-stop flights — which include all government taxes and fees — are based on distance as follows, starting at:
- $49.00 one way for flights up to 500 miles in distance
- $99.00 one way for flights between 501 miles and 1,250 miles in distance
- $129.00 one way for flights between 1,251 miles and 1,750 miles in distance
- $149.00 one way for flights greater than 1,751 miles in distance
Travel valid every day except Fridays and Sundays. Blackout dates include September 2, 2013 and November 26 through December 3, 2013.
The lowest advertised fares are not available to or from the following airports:
- Dayton International Airport
- Washington National Airport
- Newark International Airport
- Philadelphia International Airport
- Washington Dulles International Airport
- LaGuardia Airport, New York
- Palm Beach International Airport
- Luiz Munoz Marin International Airport San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Regional Southwest Airport, Fort Myers
- Seattle Tacoma International Airport
Fares may be combined with many other Southwest Airlines combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the rules of the most restrictive fares apply. Fares are not combinable with Senior Fares. Fares are not refundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines.
Other terms and conditions apply.
Some FlyerTalk members admit that they have been waiting for an airfare sale like this to come along.
Expect competing airlines in similar markets to match the airfares listed above during the period of 72 hours through June 13, 2013. This can be especially good news for you if you prefer to fly as a passenger on a different airlines.