Complete your travel by May 23, 2013 on paid round-trip electronic tickets for qualifying flights operated by United Airlines, and you will earn 50 percent Premier qualification miles towards elite status in addition to the ones you would already normally earn.
Unfortunately, this promotion is targeted — and no, I did not qualify. However, it does not hurt to attempt to register for this promotion, as some FlyerTalk members are reporting success even though they did not receive an e-mail message specifically alerting them that they are qualified to register and participate in this promotion.
Furthermore, code-share flights operated by other airlines are not valid for this promotion — so be careful that the United Airlines flight which you intend to book is not operated by another airline. Additionally, “open jaw” and “circle trip” itineraries do not qualify, either.
Assuming that you are eligible for this promotion, here are some of the terms and conditions:
- On paid qualifying flights, members of the United Airlines MileagePlus frequent flier loyalty program can earn a bonus of 50 percent Premier qualifying miles on base miles earned for travel in United Global First, United First, United BusinessFirst, United Business, full-fare United Economy, or discount United Economy in the following fare classes: F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q and V
- Offer valid for members of the United Airlines MileagePlus frequent flier loyalty program who are the original recipients of an e-mail invitation from the United Airlines MileagePlus frequent flier loyalty program
- To qualify, it is required that you register at the official Internet web site of United Airlines before you travel; then purchase and complete your paid round-trip travel anywhere worldwide on flights operated by United Airlines
- This offer is not valid on government fares
- A round-trip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the destination city back to the origin city
- This offer does not apply to Premier qualifying segments, class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service Premier qualification miles, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional Premier qualification miles
- Bonus is not combinable
- Bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times in accordance with these terms and conditions
- Offer is subject to change without notice; and other restrictions may apply
I dislike targeted promotions, whether or not I qualify…