This coming Thursday, November 22, 2012 is the celebration of the American holiday of Thanksgiving. Let’s talk turkey and see what FlyerTalk members have been posting pertaining to this holiday:
- Can a rate of $1.00 per night at a Ritz-Carlton hotel property in Southern California actually be possible for FlyerTalk member StoneIPA — and how did StoneIPA get that rate? Is it legitimate? Will it be honored?
- If you want turkey on Thanksgiving but happen to be in Italy, FlyerTalk member sk3 has some options for you — and it is merely a coincidence that this was posted in the Europe including Turkey forum.
- FlyerTalk member sambb is looking to earn between 5,000 and 10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage frequent flier loyalty program miles on the day after Thanksgiving from Chicago. Are you in a similar situation, or do you have any suggestions?
- Meanwhile, FlyerTalk member driveafastercar is looking for a Thanksgiving airfare on Delta Air Lines from New York to Atlanta for less than $300.00 round-trip. Can you help?
- Join FlyerTalk member cat13 for a drink if you happen to be in Dublin during the Thanksgiving holiday period.
- Is procuring 11,000 United Airlines MileagePlus miles during four days over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend for FlyerTalk member kristing possible — or is it merely a myth, like a unicorn?
- A planned honeymoon in New York during the week of Thanksgiving went underwater — literally — due to the storm known as Sandy. Can the flight reservations be re-booked without being charged a change fee?
- Advice is requested by FlyerTalk member mile ho, who is attending the Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York for the first time. Where is the best spot to view the parade and get the most out of the experience?
- How would you spend two days in Anchorage after Thanksgiving? FlyerTalk member Smaug is open to suggestions.
For those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, may the holiday be festive and joyous for you, with plenty of food, love, warmth, health, wealth and fond memories to last a lifetime.