I am proud to announce that FlyerTalk has been selected as the recipient of the GlobeRunner Award for Best General Travel Site based on votes by readers of Frequent Business Traveler magazine.
Additionally, a donation will be made in the name of FlyerTalk to the PKD Foundation, an organization dedicated to discovering treatments and a cure for Polycystic Kidney Disease which claimed the life of Frequent Business Traveler co-founder Greg Spira.
Other winners include the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program — which swept the Best Hotel Chain category and won five GlobeRunner Awards — and the following list of other companies, frequent travel loyalty programs and airports which won GlobeRunner Awards:
- Best Airline in Asia/Pacific: Singapore Airlines
- Best Airline in Europe/Middle East/Africa: Emirates Airline
- Best Airline in the Americas: United Airlines
- Best First Class Lounges: Lufthansa
- Best Business Class Lounges: Korean Air
- Best Airport in Asia/Pacific: Hong Kong International Airport
- Best Airport in Europe/Middle East/Africa: Dubai International Airport
- Best Airport in the Americas: San Francisco International Airport
- Best Airline Alliance: Star Alliance
- Best Frequent Flyer Program: Lufthansa Miles & More
- Best Airline Food and Wine: Cathay Pacific
- Best Hotel Chain in Asia/Pacific: Hilton Hotels
- Best Hotel Chain in Europe/Middle East/Africa: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Best Hotel Chain in The Americas: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Best Hotel Chain/Group Loyalty Program: Hilton HHonors
- Best Hotel Chain Dining/Restaurants: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Best Credit/Charge Card Points Program: American Express Membership Rewards
- Best Mobile Phone Coverage in North America: AT&T
- Best Web Site for Booking Travel: Expedia
- Best General Travel Site: FlyerTalk
- Best Car Rental Chain in the World: Hertz
- Best Car Manufacturer in the World: BMW
- Best Luggage Maker: Samsonite
The Frequent Business Traveler GlobeRunner Awards recognize the best travel companies in the world — including airline, hotel, car rental agencies, and Internet travel web sites — as chosen by its readers.
Congratulations to all of the winners of the Frequent Business Traveler GlobeRunner Awards!
What are your thoughts as to the award recipients? Do you agree with the choices?