FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So do A class tickets on AFS 762 flights get to use the FL/AC at JFK, SFO and LAX?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:37 am
Fly AA J all the way
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Flailey
OK - remedial question here that I couldn't figure out by looking at AA/search. What's the difference between a Flagship Lounge and the Admirals Club. Specifically is one a subset of the other? And even more specifically as an AC member can I get into the one at ORD? How about if I'm on an A fare connection?

Fewmiles makes me think that they're different and I cannot. AA.com is profoundly unhelpful. Search hasn't explained it to me either. As far as I can guess the FL is not one of the AC's and I'm not allowed in on an AC membership without the proper ticket/itin/status. But I'm not really sure. What's the answer? And if I've guessed right, is the thing awe-inspiring enough to traipse over and try for mercy with a first class ticket (A upgrade) and AC membership on an hour long connection or is that just a big waste o' time.
It is really intended as an int'l F/EXP lounge. The real differences are that it is smaller/less crowded, has some food for free (wraps, cheese and crackers, cookies) and free (self serve) top-shelf booze. Some of them are located within/behind the AC, others are separate. They are run completely separately from the ACs, though. AC is a separate part of the company, whereas the FL is maintained by premium services. And, yes, it will be a waste of time to go to the one in ORD as PLT unless you are flying F to LHR, NRT, PVG or DEL (or connecting via DFW or MIA to South America or FRA).