FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   Days Inn Branford, CT cancelledmy BRG room for this weekend (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/955630-days-inn-branford-ct-cancelledmy-brg-room-weekend.html)

ktremor May 19, 2009 8:48 am

Days Inn Branford, CT cancelled my BRG room for this weekend

Hi all,

I went to print out directions and confirmation last weekend for a hotel stay this weekend at the Days Inn in Branford, CT. When I went to print it, the confirmation came up as cancelled. I called customer service and they said that the room was cancelled about a month and half after the reservation was made. The CS rep called the hotel to see why it was cancelled and they said that it was cancelled because they ran a monthy check of reservations and my credit card came back as declined. I said why would it come back as cancelled on a rate that was zero and I have a large credit limit. They supposedly called 10 times to fix (which is a lie). The CS rep beleieved they had lied because they would not at that point reinstate the reservation because they had to hold their current inventory for current guests that may want to stay longer.

She opened a case last week and said that I had to wait a week to allow time for the hotel to respond. I called back today to escalate it because I had no response and I had to wait 24hrs for another response. Does anyone know who I can talk to, to get this done faster?

bevvy5 May 19, 2009 9:24 am

Did you ask for the Best Rate Guarantee department? Many of us have had that happen. What I've done in the past is gone, paid for the stay, then faxed a copy of the invoice in to the BRG dept. I've had a cheque sent to me for the amount, usually sent out the same day.

I'd not be dealing with the regular customer service people, ask to be connected to the BRG department.

Hope this helps.

ktremor May 19, 2009 9:44 am

Thanks I call them.

Update: I got in touch with a very nice lady in the BRG dept and she is going to investigate it with her supervisor. She said something is up with this and will get back to me later today or tomorrow morning.

ktremor May 19, 2009 1:12 pm

I talked with a nice supervisor who called the property while I was on hold, he got the GM to reinstate a reservation for me for Friday. Now we will see if its there when I get there. The supervisor gave me who to contact if I have any issues on Friday.

Thanks for the help bevvy

bevvy5 May 19, 2009 8:06 pm

Again, worst case, if you get some jerk at the front counter, pay the bill, keep your receipt and you'll be reimbursed no questions asked.

ktremor May 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by bevvy5 (Post 11775772)
Again, worst case, if you get some jerk at the front counter, pay the bill, keep your receipt and you'll be reimbursed no questions asked.

Thanks, then I get the miles and worked toward the 10k miles.