Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

No points while staying on Corp Rate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2008, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, HHonors, Priority Club

Stayed at a company negotiated rate Wingate for the first time and was surprised to learn that I would accrue no points as the Corp rates are "either - or" at the particular facility in which I stayed.

The Wyndham CS rep said I could always call the hotel directly and ask for the points to be applied, but it was "...common practice for properties to not award points as a result of awarding the corp rate." I did call and the hotel confirmed that, unfortunately, they would not award points for any stays on the corp rate.

I spend the vast majority of my stays in Hiltons, so this was a foreign concept to me.

Is this common in the Wyndham line? I really didn't mind their hotel (Wingate was on par with the Hampton Inn's) but this was a huge disincentive since the corp rate wasnt that spectacular, but enough that I gave it a shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.