Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Status Recognition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Wyndham
Diamond Status Recognition

Most of the desk clerks in the properties I stay at would not know Diamond status from a AAA card. The Wyndham wizard stuff is placed everywhere but when you mention Diamond status they look at you like you have two heads. However I have had two notable exceptions. First the New Yorker upgraded me after only little prompting into an amazing suite. They turned a "Go Free" trip into a once and a lifetime experience. The second exception was this last week. I traveled to a little Bavarian style village in north Georgia. I did a "Go Fast" rate at the Helen, Georgia Baymont for $65 per night. I was upgraded to a $200 per night suite without even asking. The clerk even thanked me for participating in the loyalty program.
Well done! Guys. I hope your bonus points are given freely and in quantity.

Last edited by Emskevin; Jul 20, 2017 at 9:48 pm
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Good for you!

I am accidentally heading towards Wyndham Diamond -- not there yet, but getting close. We'll see what it gets me.

Have had top status in other hotel loyalty programs, but Wyndham is a bit different, in that there is a high proportion of budget properties in its system. So my expectations are different (lower) with Wyndham.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:53 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Have had top status in other hotel loyalty programs, but Wyndham is a bit different, in that there is a high proportion of budget properties in its system. So my expectations are different (lower) with Wyndham.
And, they usually don't meet even those lowered expectations, do they? In fairness, I've used WR for many years usually for places where IHG/SPG/MR won't go, like on a cross country drive from Berkeley to Sandusky, OH thru WY, NB etc., a bunch of uniformly poor Days Inn's etc, or in the East SF Bay or Palm Coast, FL when my favorite HIX or CP are full, over priced and no award space, the Days Inn in Fremont is terrible but the Ramada in Antioch is OK, and Microtel in Palm Coast is OK, or for cheap matress runs when there is a worthwhile promo to get miles, which is currently rarely worth the effort, except a BD promo many years ago.

I get recognition though it's thanks for being Gold, here's the same crappy room and breakfast you would have gotten anyway. At least the HIX UPG me to their larger rooms.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Wyndham
I have confirmed that your status level is promptly displayed on the computer the desk clerks use when assigning your room and generating keys. What they do with the info is based I guess on training and program education. I don't expect a suite at a days inn (even if they have a suite). I will not however pay for early check-in. I'm a night shift worker and therefore a day sleeper. I arrive early and have occasionally been charged unbelievable amounts for early check in. I refuse on principle and the diamond status level is very specific. If there is a room available put me in it. No reason to get gouged just because I've arrived early.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Emskevin
I have confirmed that your status level is promptly displayed on the computer the desk clerks use when assigning your room and generating keys. What they do with the info is based I guess on training and program education. I don't expect a suite at a days inn (even if they have a suite). I will not however pay for early check-in. I'm a night shift worker and therefore a day sleeper. I arrive early and have occasionally been charged unbelievable amounts for early check in. I refuse on principle and the diamond status level is very specific. If there is a room available put me in it. No reason to get gouged just because I've arrived early.
Sure, but there are limitations:

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards Terms & Conditions
Early check-in at Participating Hotels, subject to availability, upon Member’s request. Availability is determined by Participating Hotel and is only applicable to the Member’s personal guest room. Early check-in requests should not be for a time that is more than two hours prior to the Participating Hotel’s standard check-in time.
This particular (early check-in) perk applies to both Platinum and Diamond members.

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...ction?variant=

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.