Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

First Diamond Level travel to NYC New Yorker

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Wyndham

Hello,

Tomorrow my fiancé and I are flying in to NYC for a much needed break. This will be my first time traveling to a Wyndham property with their version of Elite status. It's also the first time I'll be at a property where I have the opportunity to try out the Diamond level extras. Hopefully early check-in and the suite upgrade. I received an email earlier today from the New Yorker which offered me pre-packaged upgrades for additional cash so Im pretty sure they are available. Anybody have any tips to getting the diamond level extras I always seem to get blank stares when I asked for late check out etc at Platinum level.

Cheers
Kevin
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Just a quick report. I arrived @ 11:30 am and started the check in process. I inquired if my Diamond level status would allow me to upgrade to a suite. The receptionist typed a bit then apologized and offered that they were all sold out. She then advised that she could upgrade me to the Empire State Building side with my standard room. I was actually thrilled with that as Empire is my favorite building. The room was not available yet so we left and had brunch. We we returned I was advised that I was upgraded to a suite. I am now very pleased as I am now in an executive 2 room suite on the 40th floor (top) with 2 windows looking out at the Empire State Building , Chrysler Building, and Madison Square Garden. Complementary water and sodas were in the fridge. Think I saw a booking price of 400 per night. Heck of an upgrade! Unbelievable value for my 45,000 points! Best loyalty program ever!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:08 am

That's great to hear that they honored your elite benefits. I have stayed at the New Yorker dozens of times over the years, and enjoy the historic nature of the property. The only aspect of the facility I find tacky is that they have a couple of floors dedicated to college student housing. They have not yet renovated all of the floors, so I suppose this was a method of generating revenue rather than having floors sit vacant.

Let us know how your stay went, as I haven't stayed in the hotel in probably close to two years.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

What a great trip. Love that city. Used the TodayTix app to pick up tickets to Matilda and Phantom. Kids with tickets meet you outside theater 30 mins before show... very nice.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Emskevin
What a great trip. Love that city. Used the TodayTix app to pick up tickets to Matilda and Phantom. Kids with tickets meet you outside theater 30 mins before show... very nice.
Matilda is a great show. I really enjoyed it. Too bad its closing in a few weeks.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Emskevin
Hello,

Tomorrow my fiancé and I are flying in to NYC for a much needed break. This will be my first time traveling to a Wyndham property with their version of Elite status. It's also the first time I'll be at a property where I have the opportunity to try out the Diamond level extras. Hopefully early check-in and the suite upgrade. I received an email earlier today from the New Yorker which offered me pre-packaged upgrades for additional cash so Im pretty sure they are available. Anybody have any tips to getting the diamond level extras I always seem to get blank stares when I asked for late check out etc at Platinum level.

Cheers
Kevin
Enjoy the GoFree Award Plus pizza tour!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.