Speaking of points..

Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Wyndham
Speaking of points..

Out of curiosity - why does it take so long for points to post - it's a digital age - what's with the 4 to six weeks disclaimer.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Emskevin
Out of curiosity - why does it take so long for points to post - it's a digital age - what's with the 4 to six weeks disclaimer.
For the handful of domestic hotels I stay at (the same few repeatedly), it only takes a very few days for the points to show up at WyndhamRewards itself. (And, in the recent promo, only a few days more for the 3000 miles per stay to get to AA.)

But the disclaimers are not about when things go right, they're about when things go wrong.

Even in the digital age, many things (including some transfers between partners, some posting of promos, etc) are done in periodic digital "sweeps", not continuously. If something gets done in a periodic once-a-month sweep, it can take up to 4.5 weeks, right?

And it's not a 100% digital age. I routinely stay at some hotels where they still run my credit card through an imprint machine; that's about as non-digital as you can get, right?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Wyndham
Originally Posted by sdsearch
For the handful of domestic hotels I stay at (the same few repeatedly), it only takes a very few days for the points to show up at WyndhamRewards itself. (And, in the recent promo, only a few days more for the 3000 miles per stay to get to AA.)

But the disclaimers are not about when things go right, they're about when things go wrong.

Even in the digital age, many things (including some transfers between partners, some posting of promos, etc) are done in periodic digital "sweeps", not continuously. If something gets done in a periodic once-a-month sweep, it can take up to 4.5 weeks, right?

And it's not a 100% digital age. I routinely stay at some hotels where they still run my credit card through an imprint machine; that's about as non-digital as you can get, right?
Guess your right - didn't think about the once a month sweeps I've gotten used to instant gratification lol- haven't seen one of those hard imprint swipe machines since the 90's (carbon paper wow - doubt the kids have ever seen it) but I did pay $1.29 for gas the other day so it sure feels like "olden times"
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
It's Wyndham. Some properties are hardly even using a computer...
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
And why is it so hard to cancel a reservation and most importantly get the points refunded?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.