Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Using points an All-Inclusive resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using points an All-Inclusive resorts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat since 2008. Hyatt Diamond since 2015
Am I seeing this correctly? Under $100 per night for all inclusive??
Old Sep 22, 2015, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
Definitely a good deal, but keep in mind that Viva's are not high end all-inclusive properties. The Fortuna frequently offers packages through Groupon.
Yes but we got 120K Wyndham points for $128 and spending $2k on cards.

Hard to beat 8 nights at an AI for $128

We decided on Viva Wyndham Azteca, Riviera Maya

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 22, 2015 at 2:01 am
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512

Absolutely, a fantastic deal!
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512

How did you get 60k per card?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:52 pm

Just jumping on this thread...i booked all inclusive viva azteca for march 2016, 2 adults 2 kids using go free rewards points, but made reservation with wyndham rewards for 3 adults 1 kid because my oldest is 13 and the resort classifies her as an adult. Does anyone know if the resort is goung to chargevextra fees once we arrive?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by garretterika
Just jumping on this thread...i booked all inclusive viva azteca for march 2016, 2 adults 2 kids using go free rewards points, but made reservation with wyndham rewards for 3 adults 1 kid because my oldest is 13 and the resort classifies her as an adult. Does
anyone know if the resort is goung to chargevextra fees once we arrive?
I have no experience with Wyndham but with other chains the extra person fees are automatically calculated if deemed so by the reservation. It's tough to override those at checkout. I would cancel and rebook as two adults and two kids. In all probability the check in staff will not question your child's age.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:30 am

Data Point:

Just returned from 8-night "Go Free" stay at Viva Azteca; three adults and one 16yo kid. Booked 15 July. No problems.

YMMV
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fj58
Just returned from 8-night "Go Free" stay at Viva Azteca; three adults and one 16yo kid. Booked 15 July. No problems.

YMMV
I have booked 6 nights (2x3 nights) with 2 kids 14 and 16. The hotel representative sent me an email asking for a confirmation of the children's ages which I confirmed truthfully. The reservation website clearly states children are up to 17 years.

HOWEVER, it would be great if some more people could confirm that children's ages 17 and under could stay there without paying anything extra.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
I got confirmation from the hotel.

2 Children up to 17 years can stay free of charge with parents in the same room. This is hands down the best redemption deal I have seen for hotel points for a long time.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: Southwest, American, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Choice Platinum, SPG, Wyndham Gold
Best Redemption I could hope for

I booked 5 nights at Azteca a couple months ago for late Feb. Pretty sure it's the best redemption value I have gotten out of points in any program!

Had a little trouble because some of the points I used were "gold" points and the reservation date was past their expiration date. I just stayed persistent with the phone rep. (They shouldn't have been "gold" points in the first place since the app hung up and I got double booked for another redemption night and they refunded gold points back to my account and used regular ones instead.) She came back with what she thought were solutions a couple times and I just said "no, that doesn't help me, this is what I'm trying to reserve, and that solution won't let me do that"...back on hold a couple minutes...after 3 rounds of that she had a solution and said I could book what I wanted now. I asked if she could do it for me! Pretty sure I would have had problems because it took her 15 minutes and a couple more hold times, but she did it, and I'm happy to be baking on the beach for 5 nights in Playa!

I'm also staying at a decent but inexpensive hotel off of 5th for 3 nights prior to enjoy that part of town, take a day trip to Chichen Itza, and a day trip to Cozumel. Just an idea for y'all to stretch out the trip and not "waste" days on the resort, it shouldn't be too hard to find someplace right off or even on the main strip for $30-50 a night. Trip Advisor is your friend to avoid the worst ones though!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: Southwest, American, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Choice Platinum, SPG, Wyndham Gold
Lightbulb

I'm staying at Hotel Hacienda del Caribe, just in case anyone was wondering what hotel it was. I booked it for 3 nights for $113 cancelable on Orbitz using a 20% discount code. Not a bad price, pretty decent reviews, rather convenient, and I don't plan on doing much more than sleeping there anyway.

I've also re-booked my Southwest tickets twice to bring the costs down, although you get credits for that, not refunds, keep an eye on the sales though, it's worth it! Total cost for two for 8 nights, about $770, plus shuttle bus, side trips, shopping, and food for the 3 dinners and 2 lunches we are off resort. Ballpark $1,150 + shopping. I used points from about 25 nights paid stays at Wyndhams, the most expensive was around $90, most in the $55-70 range. $1,500 value for the 5 nights for about $1700 in spend. It's pretty hard to beat that!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Of the all-inclusive properties, which is the best? Best food,beach, rooms etc... Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: AS,UA
Just returned from Azteca, i did like this place but its my first all-inclusive experience so I don't have anything to compare it to.
We were actually one of the few americans at this resort, it was full of Canadians, French Canadians, germans, and people from south america.
There are a lot of smokers at this place (Assuming because of the European and S/A influence?
The food is decent, but only did the buffets because we had kids with us. I really enjoyed the pizza. Beach was pretty nice. Overall its pretty nice.
Make sure you have everything printed out. I tried to just get stuff off my phone and they didn't like that.

You are allowed to use the amenities and restaurants at the Maya resort up the road.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:18 am

Does anyone know if I were to have 2 adults, 3 children, would they let us stay in the same room with a extra charge? Or would they somehow make us get additional rooms or something else? Usually we just stay all stay in the same room, but with an all-inclusive I'm thinking we are going to need braclets for any Wyndham resort?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by DaBimmerMan
Does anyone know if I were to have 2 adults, 3 children, would they let us stay in the same room with a extra charge? Or would they somehow make us get additional rooms or something else? Usually we just stay all stay in the same room, but with an all-inclusive I'm thinking we are going to need braclets for any Wyndham resort?
From the terms and conditions:

... where a Go Free Award also includes meals and other amenities for up to two (2) guests for the free night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.