Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15000 Flat-Rate Redemptions?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA
Originally Posted by sdsearch
In fact, thinking about this, I wonder how many hotels that previously required way more points for redemption will leave the WyndhamRewards program once they are overrun with redemptions at 15k!
This depends on what the cash reimbursement rate they get from Wyndham. They're not being paid in points. And it's probably a tiered-reimbursement depending on whether the hotel is sold out that night, etc.
Old May 15, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA
Originally Posted by Brendan
So true, Eddielam, but we shall find others where Go Fast is an incredible bargain !
Agreed. I made some 8,000 point bookings at some rural hotels before the rates rose to the flat rate. But I've since cancelled those bookings and have rebooked them at the Go Fast rate. My points will end up going further with this new program.
Old May 16, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by GretelNick
This depends on what the cash reimbursement rate they get from Wyndham. They're not being paid in points. And it's probably a tiered-reimbursement depending on whether the hotel is sold out that night, etc.
i think i have read previously the cash and points rate for hyatt and spg ar that the hotel keeps the cash component, while the program keeps the points.

since it structure similarly to spg and hyatt (ihg and choice are buying points with cash when using cash and points) i expect that the hotel is getting the cash. the amount of cash depends on the category of the hotel which is dictated by average room rate over the year.

the problem is that if gofast goes too pouplar because of the low points component... then who knows how it will be. like i said i have almost 300000 points now... and gofast is not too useful for me
Old May 24, 2015, 9:03 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
a wyndham hotel in Frankfurt

Average nightly rate from
59.00 EUR
Wyndham Rewards
GO FREE 15,000PTSGO FAST
or
3,000PTS + 66.75EUR

i guess i will use points and cash

the new system sucks.... this wont last very long....
Old May 26, 2015, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Drew777
Does this include Viva Wyndham properties as well?
Originally Posted by sbm12
Seems to be the case. This is the Viva Wyndham in Freeport, Bahamas.

Available mid-May for 15k points, 3k+$25 or $120, depending on which rate you choose.
Originally Posted by Drew777
Thanks! The "Go Fast" rate actually looks like a really good deal...
I see April 1 -9 for $280 and 24K Wyndham points.........this can't be all inclusive..........can it ?
Old May 27, 2015, 7:31 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
I would be happy to look into it for you. Which hotel are you looking at?

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I see April 1 -9 for $280 and 24K Wyndham points.........this can't be all inclusive..........can it ?
Old May 27, 2015, 1:59 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Just a tidbit . . . .

I'm looking at the Ramada Reforma Mexico City for June. Just out of curiosity, I thought I'd call to check to see if the redemption rate was lower before the new program, etc. The old rate for this hotel was 14,000 a nite. It's still available at that rate!

The way the phone agent explained it to me, I would be charged the 15,000 a nite, and Wyndham Rewards "reimburses" me 1,000 a nite.

Perhaps the Company Rep could elaborate on this, as to people who don't have enough points, or how long the reimbursement process takes.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:25 pm

Hi Wyndham Rewards, why isn't there any availability for the Wyndham Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort? There are plenty of rooms available with the cash rate.
Old May 29, 2015, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Fly1Away1
Hi Wyndham Rewards, why isn't there any availability for the Wyndham Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort? There are plenty of rooms available with the cash rate.

Hi there! If you do not see any availability on our website, I would call member services at 1-866-996-7937 and get them to double check. Please be aware that it is possible that the rooms that show available for purchase, may be upgraded rooms, that members are not eligible to redeem points for. Go Free reservations are for standard rooms only, unless it is an all suite property. I hope this helps!
Old May 31, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Hi there! If you do not see any availability on our website, I would call member services at 1-866-996-7937 and get them to double check. Please be aware that it is possible that the rooms that show available for purchase, may be upgraded rooms, that members are not eligible to redeem points for. Go Free reservations are for standard rooms only, unless it is an all suite property. I hope this helps!
After an hour on the phone with a rep and supervisor I was told the Wyndham Koloa Landing has no award nights loaded over the next year. They used to (I checked a couple weeks ago to make sure). For some reason the hotel has pulled them.

A supervisor said they can't "make" them load the rooms because they are individually owned and operated, yet went on to say that they must offer them if they want to be a Wyndham property.

He said he had no idea what was going on with the hotel or why they had no award nights. When I asked him if he was going to find out and get back to me he didn't seem interested in giving any answer other than "we can't make them load rooms"

He did finally try to call the hotel but got a voicemail. I thought he might leave a message and follow back up with me, but he had no intention of getting back to me at all! He basically advised me to not plan on being able to use my points at Koloa Landing and to consider a different Wyndham property to use my points.

I have personally reached out to the property myself to try to get answers on this. But I feel Wyndham should be the one addressing this with the property and getting back to me!

I had an in depth conversation with a supervisor at Wyndham Rewards on 3/31 on this very issue. I was afraid if I applied for their credit card and started earning points I might have trouble with redemption at this property. I have stayed here before on points and had them increase points from 30K to 50K with no notice.

She assured me that if they carried the Wyndham name they HAD to make rooms available for the new 15K. Or they had to leave the Wyndham program. Yet here we are with the hotel not making any rooms available for points over the next year and no one wanting to get the answer to why they are allowed to do this.

Last edited by sargenet; May 31, 2015 at 12:36 pm
Old May 31, 2015, 2:25 pm

Why am I not overly surprised. For this reason I've held off on the wyndham credit card. It seems the poipu property should leave the program.
Old May 31, 2015, 2:42 pm

I'm very sorry for the experience you've had. I have forwarded this information to be researched and I will follow up with our research team on this. Thank you for bring this to our attention!

Originally Posted by sargenet
After an hour on the phone with a rep and supervisor I was told the Wyndham Koloa Landing has no award nights loaded over the next year. They used to (I checked a couple weeks ago to make sure). For some reason the hotel has pulled them.

A supervisor said they can't "make" them load the rooms because they are individually owned and operated, yet went on to say that they must offer them if they want to be a Wyndham property.

He said he had no idea what was going on with the hotel or why they had no award nights. When I asked him if he was going to find out and get back to me he didn't seem interested in giving any answer other than "we can't make them load rooms"

He did finally try to call the hotel but got a voicemail. I thought he might leave a message and follow back up with me, but he had no intention of getting back to me at all! He basically advised me to not plan on being able to use my points at Koloa Landing and to consider a different Wyndham property to use my points.

I have personally reached out to the property myself to try to get answers on this. But I feel Wyndham should be the one addressing this with the property and getting back to me!

I had an in depth conversation with a supervisor at Wyndham Rewards on 3/31 on this very issue. I was afraid if I applied for their credit card and started earning points I might have trouble with redemption at this property. I have stayed here before on points and had them increase points from 30K to 50K with no notice.

She assured me that if they carried the Wyndham name they HAD to make rooms available for the new 15K. Or they had to leave the Wyndham program. Yet here we are with the hotel not making any rooms available for points over the next year and no one wanting to get the answer to why they are allowed to do this.
Old May 31, 2015, 2:49 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sargenet
This may or may not be related, but, here goes . . . .

In Mexico City, where I go semi-frequently, there's a Howard Johnsons (Alameda) a coupl'a blocks from where I need to be. It exists. I've walked by it:

http://www.hojo.com/hotels/mexico/me...on=mexico-city

It shows up on wyndhamrewards.com AND hojo.com - - as a property - - BUT - - try'n book a room - CASH or POINTS - for ANY date from today for a year! NADA!!! Unavailable!

I asked a Wyn Rew phone agent about this, and she told me that - Just because a property uses a Wyndham name, "THEY DON'T HAVE TO PARTICIPATE"!!!

So, I used my points for the Ramada Reforma - a few blocks away. MUCH nicer hotel, plus I got it at the old rate of 14K a nite.

It just seems weird. I'd liketo book the Hojo's sometime! It's likely a cheaper cash rate. How would you book the HoJos?!? Even when I check third party websites, it DOES show up, but as UNAVAILABLE!
Old May 31, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: IHG, American airlines , BA club and others
@Davetravels I've noticed a similar issue with Wyndham Grand property in Puerto Rico. When you check Wyndham website, it's unavailable on most dates next year. However, it does come up on third party sites just fine. What kind of a game are these guys playing? This new scheme just went into effect, and the results are not reassuring. It's true, many nice hotels are bookable on points, but for how long?
I do hope that Wyndham rep finds some answers as to what is happening with Poipu hotel. They should not make promises they can't keep and force properties into releasing award rooms. This is unacceptable.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:53 am

All of our hotels do need to participate in the "Go Free" where you use 15,000 points for a free night stay, however they don't all have to participate in the "Go Fast" where you use 3,000 points and some cash for the room.

Originally Posted by davetravels
This may or may not be related, but, here goes . . . .

In Mexico City, where I go semi-frequently, there's a Howard Johnsons (Alameda) a coupl'a blocks from where I need to be. It exists. I've walked by it:

http://www.hojo.com/hotels/mexico/me...on=mexico-city

It shows up on wyndhamrewards.com AND hojo.com - - as a property - - BUT - - try'n book a room - CASH or POINTS - for ANY date from today for a year! NADA!!! Unavailable!

I asked a Wyn Rew phone agent about this, and she told me that - Just because a property uses a Wyndham name, "THEY DON'T HAVE TO PARTICIPATE"!!!

So, I used my points for the Ramada Reforma - a few blocks away. MUCH nicer hotel, plus I got it at the old rate of 14K a nite.

It just seems weird. I'd liketo book the Hojo's sometime! It's likely a cheaper cash rate. How would you book the HoJos?!? Even when I check third party websites, it DOES show up, but as UNAVAILABLE!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.