Wiki Posts
Search

Transfering Points

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Transfering Points

Hello, I don't have enough points to redeem so I wonder if there is any chance of transfering points from a friend to my account.

Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
You can purchase extra points if you don't have quite enough.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Yes, I know but I don`t want to pay por extra points I prefer someone to transfer me some of his .

Is it possible? Or no transfer points availaible?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most hotel programs don't have a way to transfer points between people. Some airline programs do, but those that do charge just about as much in fees to transfer existing points as to just buy new points.

So I doubt that WyndhamRewards have a transfer ability, and if they did, I bet it costs just about as much as buying points in the first place.

WyndhamRewards is definitely not supported at points.com either (in case you were thinking of transferring points from other programs, at a big loss, into WyndhamRewards).
Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much for the answer.

I have another question:
Can I book a room with my points for 1 night, and my friend do the same with his points for the next night for me? That way I'll have 2 nights for me (I stay alone)
I hope they understand that its like a reservation for 2 nights.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, gosh, this is a program where no one before seems to have ever asked about that. (Most people don't have an overload of WynhdamRewards points to use some of them for other people, and most people don't consider most of WR's brands to be worth giving as "gift" stays to someone else.)

So while people have asked about merging points from different accounts before (and it turns out that it can't be done), I can't recall (or find) any person who's asked before about booking with WyndhamReward points for someone else.

At some hotel programs, you do that by calling them up on the phone. At some other hotel programs, you do that by putting the other person's name as an "additional guest", and then explaining that this "additional guest" will be checking in (by themselves) first.

But I don't know if either of these approaches (or anything else) works at WR.

It's not a program where people tend to have tons of points and thus want to gift stays. And it not a program with lots of nice properties that people would want to choose for gift stays. (It's not that there are no nice properties, but the bulk of WR"s properties is Days Inn and Super 8 and Travelodge, and who would want to give gift stays for those???)
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Oh, gosh, this is a program where no one before seems to have ever asked about that. (Most people don't have an overload of WynhdamRewards points to use some of them for other people, and most people don't consider most of WR's brands to be worth giving as "gift" stays to someone else.)

So while people have asked about merging points from different accounts before (and it turns out that it can't be done), I can't recall (or find) any person who's asked before about booking with WyndhamReward points for someone else.

At some hotel programs, you do that by calling them up on the phone. At some other hotel programs, you do that by putting the other person's name as an "additional guest", and then explaining that this "additional guest" will be checking in (by themselves) first.

But I don't know if either of these approaches (or anything else) works at WR.

It's not a program where people tend to have tons of points and thus want to gift stays. And it not a program with lots of nice properties that people would want to choose for gift stays. (It's not that there are no nice properties, but the bulk of WR"s properties is Days Inn and Super 8 and Travelodge, and who would want to give gift stays for those???)
I've done the call-up booking and online booking additional guest/special request routines. Both worked for me and those staying on award nights issued to others. I used to do this a lot when its better NYC properties were a good redemption value. Never had a problem doing this. Calling on the phone made it more straightforward at check-in.

It took some of the telephone agents time to do it, perhaps because they hadn't been doing it that much.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:50 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

I apologize however we do not have an option to transfer points from one member's account to another member's account.

The option of having your friend book a free night in your name is something we can do.

If he books online he would just need to take his name out of the booking and put your name in or he can call us at 866-996-7937 to book it and just let us know it will be in your name.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.