Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

What is the use of the Wyndham Gold Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX M&M FTL, Aegean Gold, Mabuhay Miles Platinum

Hello,

As a new member of Wyndham rewards I was going through their reward program, and as far as I understand it, there is no value at all in achieving "Gold" status. Sure - after 20 nights you get an additional points bonus, but there seem to be no benefits at all in the status itself.

If this is indeed the case, why bother sending a "Gold" card? It even says that "one will stay Gold for the year in which Gold was obtained, the next year, and the year after till February" - but who cares if there are no benefits?

Or am I misunderstanding something here?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It sounds like someone who doesn't understand anything about how elite status works at other hotel programs designed this thing, and misnamed it "status". To me, it's nothing more than a promo triggered by 20 nights (and a ho-hum one at that).

As far as I'm concerned, WyndhamRewards does not have an elite status program at all, no matter what they claim about this so-called Gold Status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.