Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Unpack Your Bonus, except YMMV and mine stinks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unpack Your Bonus, except YMMV and mine stinks

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thumbs down Unpack Your Bonus, except YMMV and mine stinks

http://www.frequentflier.com/blog/wy...eage-may-vary/

If you go to the WyndhamRewards website, you'll see it come up on the main page under the rotating banner.

Like the blogger above, I only got the 2x version, so I'm ignoring WyndhamRewards through mid-September. Had they offered my one of the better options, I would have booked some stays in August and early Septmber. @:-) But at 2x, I'll stick with Choice (after I'm done maxing out Marriott's Getaway Bonus).
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I also got 2x ...
I think close to everyone will get 2x. Bad marketing IMO, a simple x2 promo would have looked better.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
2x here as well
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I was lucky enough to receive 4X
Old Jul 6, 2014, 5:32 pm

Programs: SPG, Wyndham, AA
Anyone have a link w/ the participating hotels for this promo?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 8:15 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
All of our hotels are participating in this promotion with the exception of Super 8 hotels in China and Howard Johnson hotels in Argentina.

Originally Posted by upgrade.me
Anyone have a link w/ the participating hotels for this promo?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
All of our hotels are participating in this promotion with the exception of Super 8 hotels in China and Howard Johnson hotels in Argentina.
Thanks. I don't see anywhere on the WR website where that's explained.

Also, confusingly, the T&Cs for this promo online say:
"Void outside the United States and Canada and where prohibited by law."
What's "void outside the United States and Canada" about this promo? Per what you wrote, not the hotels themselves. Is it that only people in US/Canada can register?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:44 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Sorry for the confusion, that term means that this promotion is only valid for residents of the United States and Canada.

Stays outside of the US and Canada do qualify with the exception of Super 8 in China and Howard Johnson in Argentina.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Thanks. I don't see anywhere on the WR website where that's explained.

Also, confusingly, the T&Cs for this promo online say:
"Void outside the United States and Canada and where prohibited by law."
What's "void outside the United States and Canada" about this promo? Per what you wrote, not the hotels themselves. Is it that only people in US/Canada can register?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Sorry for the confusion, that term means that this promotion is only valid for residents of the United States and Canada.

Stays outside of the US and Canada do qualify with the exception of Super 8 in China and Howard Johnson in Argentina.
So what is the promo for Europe and the rest of the world?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 2:32 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
guess there is no promo for europe :P
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:38 am

Yes it's looking that way
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

As you can see in my OP, I registered for this promo and got 2x on July 2.

So, to add insult to injury, yesterday (July 17), 15 days later, WyndhamRewards sent me an email entitled "Will you find the 10x bonus multiplier?" They should have known that I already didn't, what sort of moronic IT system do they have that they wait two weeks after I register to invite me to register, touting (taunting me with) the 10x that I didn't get and that I can no longer get?

Of course, when I clicked the link in the email, it instantly told me I was already registered and that I'd gotten 2x. So why couldn't the system that sent this moronic and insulting email have figured it out too???

Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: SPG, Wyndham, AA
I had a stay that I received my X2 bonus, but I had to make a consecutive res. just for a day because work got extended. I received my base and 2k stay bonus, but no X2 on my base points. Does anyone know if this would be a "qualified" stay?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by upgrade.me
I had a stay that I received my X2 bonus, but I had to make a consecutive res. just for a day because work got extended. I received my base and 2k stay bonus, but no X2 on my base points. Does anyone know if this would be a "qualified" stay?
Per the T&Cs:
One Qualified Stay includes all consecutive nights at the same Participating Hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs, at a Qualifying Rate.
it should have been counted as an extra day in the same "qualified" stay as your original reservation.

But presumably the computers may not have sorted it out yet or may not sort it out automatically.

Remember, also in the T&Cs:
Members can earn their Bonus Amount when they complete their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Qualified Stays
Ie, you can only earn 2x four times.

Will you have other stays coming up in the promo period? If you have three other multi-night stays coming up, you probably don't want this one-night stay to count by itself as your 2nd stay (because you earn the most in this promo if your first 4 qualified stays are your longest and/or most expensive stays).

In other words, if someone has 4 4-night stays scheduled, and then they need a 1-night stay in the middle of that, they'd earn more WyndhamRewards poitns if that 1-night stay was not at a WyndhamRewards property! (At least that's the way it works if each of the nights have smiliar rates.)
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:31 pm

so I booked a room for tonight for three nights then registered for the promo. I got 2x. will my booking for tonight count for this promo? I tried to modify the booking but it's too close to check in apparently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.