Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Another devaluation just after they sold points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2014, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver

..., first they go and sell points, and two days later they say that tomorrow they are going to reshuffle hotel tiers?

The points people bought have not even been deposited to the accounts yet.

This is the sneakiest program I have ever seen!
Old May 21, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Well, to be fair, there's no actual evidence that they actually sold any points considering that all the packages are still available!
Old May 21, 2014, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hobo13
Well, to be fair, there's no actual evidence that they actually sold any points considering that all the packages are still available!
I needed a long stay in two hotels, so I did invest $$1000. Good that the points posted now, made all the bookings I need.
Old May 21, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iggyray
I needed a long stay in two hotels, so I did invest $$1000. Good that the points posted now, made all the bookings I need.
Glad they posted fast. I actually considered buying some, but then realized I haven't used up the 80K I got last time..... so I hurriedly made some bookings just in case they destroy their award chart.

Who knows, maybe a bunch of properties will go down in price. We can wish, right?
Old May 21, 2014, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hobo13
Glad they posted fast. I actually considered buying some, but then realized I haven't used up the 80K I got last time..... so I hurriedly made some bookings just in case they destroy their award chart.

Who knows, maybe a bunch of properties will go down in price. We can wish, right?
Yeah well, if that's the case, we will rebook, or even (crazy idea!) buy some more points, lol!

But this is going to be the last time I am having business with Wyndham.
Old May 22, 2014, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Nah well... The hotel I booked for 5500 points yesterday is 14000 points today.
I experienced inflation, but not 154% in one day...

Burn baby burn
Old May 22, 2014, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Another hotel that I booked for 16000 has been moved lower to 14000.
Okay, I cancel my booking, get my points back.
When trying to book at 14000, get charged for 16000 again, what the heck?
Old May 22, 2014, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I'm trying to book a Tier 1 property. Points show correctly, but when I try to book, it says I don't have enough points. 3 nights for 16500, my balance is 19000.

(edited) I found by booking individual nights, I could get 2/3 nights, before it gives me the same error. Strange.

Last edited by Jaimito Cartero; May 22, 2014 at 3:22 am
Old May 22, 2014, 6:18 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Please private message me your account number and the dates you are looking for so I can look into this for you. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I'm trying to book a Tier 1 property. Points show correctly, but when I try to book, it says I don't have enough points. 3 nights for 16500, my balance is 19000.

(edited) I found by booking individual nights, I could get 2/3 nights, before it gives me the same error. Strange.
Old May 22, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Please private message me your account number and the dates you are looking for so I can look into this for you. Thanks!
Can you post the update list please now that it is official?
Old May 23, 2014, 5:33 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
I apologize however we don't have a list of all our hotels and their tier levels. If you would like to know the tier levels in a few areas please private message me where you would like to check and I can tell you what tier levels are in those areas.

Originally Posted by pbd456
Can you post the update list please now that it is official?
Old May 23, 2014, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Why would you be keeping the full list from your customers?
It impedes people from making decisions, and this is absolutely non-transparent.

Also, not having a list of bookings available to the customer is a loophole for a customer to lose money if they forget about the reservation.

When I book on wyndham website, it's like a blast from the past. I don't even remember when I had such a pre-2000 web experience for the last time.

I apologize however we don't have a list of all our hotels and their tier levels. If you would like to know the tier levels in a few areas please private message me where you would like to check and I can tell you what tier levels are in those areas.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Wyndham rep was able to fix my reservation. For some reason it was showing Tier 1, but charging Tier 2.

Not sure if moved a Tier, or was just a glitch.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iggyray
Why would you be keeping the full list from your customers?
I'd certainly be interested in a list of the Tier 1 and 2 properties, as this is where I find the best value.
Old May 23, 2014, 4:29 pm

I have been trying to book Reward Night but even after I am logged in and check the "Redeem Wyndham Rewards" all I get it regular $ rates but no option of displaying or booking with points. Is anyone else experiencing this? I am trying Seattle and it does this in all browsers and all dates I have checked. I checked Salt Lake City and it displays points.

Last edited by pixelville; May 23, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.