Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

X-treme rewards: Stay 2 times get 8,000 bonus points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

So does this mean we earn 8,000 points on stay #2, 8,000 points on stay #3 and 8,000 points on stay #4 = 24,000 points after 4 stays?

Terms & Conditions

The Wyndham Rewards X-Men 2014 promotion (the “Promotion”) begins on April 1, 2014 and ends on July 7, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”). To qualify for the Promotion and earn 8,000 bonus Wyndham Rewards points (enough to redeem (i) two adult movie vouchers from Hollywood Movie Money® (6,000 Wyndham Rewards points) and, (ii) a $25 Restaurant.com gift card in the U.S. (2,000 Wyndham Rewards points) or two $5 gift cards in Canada (2,000 Wyndham Rewards points). Member must (i) be an active Member and register at wyndhamrewards.com/xmen or 1-866-996-7937, (ii) complete their Qualified Stay(s) at Participating Hotels each at a Qualifying Rate with arrival dates from April 1, 2014 through June 30, 2014 and (iii) complete their Qualified Stay(s) by July 7, 2014. Members can earn 8,000 bonus Wyndham Rewards points when they complete their 2nd, 3rd and 4th Qualified Stays, with a maximum of 3 rooms per stay, within the Promotion Period. Member stays with check-out dates after July 7, 2014 will not be counted towards the Promotion. One Qualified Stay includes all consecutive nights at the same Participating Hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs, at a Qualifying Rate. Each qualified registrant should allow six to eight weeks after completion of Qualified Stays for the bonus points, to be credited to their account. No shows do not qualify for the 8,000 bonus points. Members who have elected to earn airline miles or rail points in their member profile are not eligible to earn points in this promotion. This Promotion is subject to cancellation or change without notice. Rates offered by most on-line travel agencies and certain other rates do not qualify. Void outside the United States and Canada and where prohibited by law. Full Wyndham Rewards Program terms and conditions apply and can be found at www.WyndhamRewards.com/terms. Subject to Participating Hotel locations found at www.WyndhamRewards.com. Super 8 hotels in China and Howard Johnson hotels in Argentina do not participate in this Promotion. Capitalized terms used in these terms and conditions without definition have the meanings ascribed to them in the Wyndham Rewards Program terms and conditions.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hy-Vee Fuel Saver

Last edited by scruffy; May 23, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
So does this mean we earn 8,000 points on stay #2, 8,000 points on stay #3 and 8,000 points on stay #4 = 24,000 points after 4 stays?
Still no confirmation from WyndhamRewards whether this a correct interpretation or not!

Given all that's happened recently, I don't trust that this interpretation is correct until it gets verified by WR.
Old May 19, 2014, 7:10 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
hmm. german site of wyndhamrewards has a smiliar offer.

Mitglieder können innerhalb des Aktionszeitraums vom 2. bis zum 4. anrechnungsfähigen Aufenthalt für maximal 3 Zimmer pro Aufenthalt jeweils 8.000 Wyndham Rewards-Punkte sammeln.
this is pretty clear. From 2. to 4.th 8000 Bonus points per stay.

Great promotion. Just signed up to wyndhamrewards and this promotion and will book 3 or 4 stays as i already requalified for spg plat and won't stay with marriott anymore.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:09 am
cln

hmm... when i log in to my account under "offers"
there is
ANGEBOT MEIN REGISTRIERUNGSSTATUS MEIN FORTSCHRITT
2014 - 8,000 Bonus Points Aktiv 0 von 2 Erreichte Aufenthalte
0 / 2 stays ?

Maybe it clears more after that ? i hope ?
Old May 21, 2014, 3:07 pm

So I'm looking to book a 2 night stay at a Ramada within this time period. I'm new to the Wyndham Rewards program. To be eligible for the 8,000 points, would I have to complete 2 separate stays? If I booked one night, and then booked the next consecutive night in a different order would I be awarded the 8,000 points for the 2nd stay? Are the points even worth it for the hassle of possibly having the change rooms?
Old May 21, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uwdanman
So I'm looking to book a 2 night stay at a Ramada within this time period. I'm new to the Wyndham Rewards program. To be eligible for the 8,000 points, would I have to complete 2 separate stays? If I booked one night, and then booked the next consecutive night in a different order would I be awarded the 8,000 points for the 2nd stay? Are the points even worth it for the hassle of possibly having the change rooms?
In every single hotel program:

A "stay" is defined as: any number of consecutive nights at the same hotel, no matter how many times you check in / check out.

So you have to change hotels (or skip a night between two stays in the same hotel), not just change rooms or reservations, to have it count as 2 stays.

The practice of changing hotels on consecutive nights to maximize "stay"-based promos is so common that there's a term for it: "hotel hopping".

... As to whether the 8000 points are worth the hassle of changing hotels, to put it in perpsective: 8000 points is half of what I needed to do my most recent redemptions, which were for $150ish/night hotels (in eastern British Columbia and on Maui in Hawaii) at 16000 points/night. So at least for those kinds of redemptions, the 8000 points (if combined with another 8000) might be worth about $75ish. There may be better redemption returns here and there, but there are also lots of hotels which offer poorer value for redemption.

Now, if you were staying 4 nights and alternating hotels, and if this promo would really give 24000 bonus points for that (which has sitll not been answered!), then that might be more worth it. But to get only 1/3 that many points for 1/2 as many nights, I'm not as sure...

Last edited by sdsearch; May 21, 2014 at 7:07 pm
Old May 22, 2014, 4:34 am

It definitely is 8,000 for your second, third and fourth stays.

I have received an email this morning tell me I am one stay off the first bonus and it reads "Get this bonus three times for your 2nd, 3rd and 4th stays respectively and earn enough points for up to three free nights".
Old May 22, 2014, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
In every single hotel program:...
Thank you for answering my questions and giving me feedback.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It did indeed work. In the last 2 weeks I did my 4 separate stays, and this morning I checked and I got 8000 bonus points for 3 of them (the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th) stays, for a total of 24000 bonus points.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 3:34 pm

Sorry to bring this thread back to the top again. I'm having a few problems getting credit for the last stay that would have triggered the third bonus. Does anyone have contact details etc for complaints? I've asked several times for it now via email and am getting no where fast.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 6:42 am
cln

I used facebook to contact them
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:04 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
I would be happy to help you. Please private message me your account number, phone number, address and the details. Thanks!

Originally Posted by chrism20
Sorry to bring this thread back to the top again. I'm having a few problems getting credit for the last stay that would have triggered the third bonus. Does anyone have contact details etc for complaints? I've asked several times for it now via email and am getting no where fast.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:01 am

Thanks I've sent you a PM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.