New unadvertised "Tier 9"

Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
New unadvertised "Tier 9"

As I posted in a previous thread, there is a new tier with Wyndham that isn't even advertised and their reps don't even know about it:

Tier 9...which costs 50,000 points.

So far I have not been able to determine which other hotels fall under this category (other than Koloa Landing in Kauai) but I wanted to see where this stacked up to the other tiers:

Here is the award chart provided to me from Wyndham Rewards today via email:

5,500 One Free Night at Tier 1* Hotel
8,000 One Free Night at Tier 2* Hotel
10,000 One Free Night at Tier 3* Hotel
14,000 One Free Night at Tier 4* Hotel
16,000 One Free Night at Tier 5* Hotel
20,000 One Free Night at Tier 6* Hotel
25,000 One Free Night at Tier 7* Hotel
30,000 One Free Night at Tier 8* Hotel

Notice each tier increases from between 2000 to 5000 points?

The newest Tier 9 (which is not listed) is 50,000 points! A 20,000 point increase in one tier.

Still waiting to hear back from Wyndham about why/when this change was made and if other changes are about to follow.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
We made it up!!! Just for us

Really? Wyndham Rewards has created this new "Tier 9" just for this property. It is based on the cost of the room and that it is a timeshare with all rooms being 2 bedroom.

Not a happy camper! I did speak to Wyndham Rewards and they stated that they did create a new category for this hotel but they are in the process of updating their website.....

Not sure if more hotels will soon follow......but probably will.....

Last edited by sargenet; Jan 22, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.