Ramada Yiwu, China

Old Dec 8, 2013, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Ramada Yiwu, China

Only recognizable Western hotel chain in this city.

Ramada Yiwu is one of the 'better' hotels in town. The staff all try their best to speak English. Hotel itself is showing wear and tear but considering the price point they offer, I can not complain but only compliment.

You can get great deals 300-400 RMB (45-60 USD) per night deals on ctrip or other travel consolidators. Be aware however they will not give you points for those stays. They offer two breakfasts, free internet and a free shuttle to the International Commodities Market.

The hotel is 15 minute drive away (15 RMB) from the Market so it is quieter than the hotels that are right at the epicenter. Yet close enough to walk to all the restaurants, bars and night markets.

Breakfast is nothing to rave about but they have a full selection of both Western and Asian offerings.

The hotel itself has a gym but the equipment is very dated but no one is in Yiwu to exercise. Security is very good, you will not be bothered by prostitutes during the middle of the night like many of the Chinese hotels.

All in all, I can't complain.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I was being an idiot and got 60k Wyndham Rewards points (4-nights) for a stay that I couldn't do in time, the property left Wyndham. Now I want to spend them but have nowhere to go.

I'm not asking for much, just Marriott Courtyard-level at the least. Problem is most Wyndham properties (US & Canada) look downright nasty, and when you read reviews people complain about the bad shape they're in and roaches.

Where can I go for relatively new (as in new construction), not bargain basement, and desirable location Wyndham properties? Don't want to spend my next vacation in China, which is according to co-workers the only place they have anything nice and new.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.